"George Jr."

K

KainThornn

Inspired by George Lynch:

metjam05.jpg

Warmoth Soloist body in alder HSS with homemeade blackburst on grey finish; Warmoth Explorer neck, reverse right hand, 22 size 6100 frets, no inlay; Floyd Rose Original, EMG set S-S-81.

Thanks!  Sadly, due to a system crash of epic proportions, that's the only surviving photo.  I'll dig around in my old backups for more.

Cool, but I don't see the George Lynch connection. My Soloist was actually inspired by ESP Guitars.

The 6100 fretwire more than anything, a few subtle design cues from his sig line at ESP.  It reminded me of the Sunburst Tiger, but minus the high dollar paint.  I used it to record a mediocre version of "Mr Scary" a few years ago.

Nah, all flat.  I dunno if I could get into carved tops, even a rear routed body throws me sometimes with the distance from the strings to the body, I'm one of those players that rests some part of my hand on the body  :tard:

KainThornn said:
Nah, all flat.  I dunno if I could get into carved tops, even a rear routed body throws me sometimes with the distance from the strings to the body, I'm one of those players that rests some part of my hand on the body  :tard:

The only carved tops I like are the Les Paul and the ES335. I prefer flat tops on Strat (Soloist) and Tele style guitars.

Back