FrankenWarmoth

ctownsend

Thanks everybody for the kind words about my Warmoth "Noventa" Telecaster! Here is my latest homage... this one should be a bit more obvious 8^).
Too bad I can't play it like this axe's inspiration!

Details:
~ Warmoth Swamp Ash body (2 pounds 8 ounces!). Color choices by me, but painted and aged by a well known builder that (I believe) wants to remain nameless due to too much business... can't blame him!
~ Warmoth Maple neck, aged by an aging company
~ Dimarzio Tone Zone pickup. Cleans up nicely when volume rolled off. My dirty little secret is that I use an EQ pedal to fatten it up when I want neck-position tones.
~ Gotoh 510 Tremolo
~ Tesi Kill Switch
~ Sperzel locking tuners
~ Flush-mount Dunlop Straploks (why every guitar does not have these is beyond me!)

FrankenWarmoth3.jpg
FrankenWarmoth1 copy.jpg
FrankenWarmoth2 copy.jpg

Thanks everybody for the kind words about my Warmoth "Noventa" Telecaster! Here is my latest homage... this one should be a bit more obvious 8^).
Too bad I can't play it like this axe's inspiration!

Details:
~ Warmoth Swamp Ash body (2 pounds 8 ounces!). Color choices by me, but painted and aged by a well known builder that (I believe) wants to remain nameless due to too much business... can't blame him!
~ Warmoth Maple neck, aged by an aging company
~ Dimarzio Tone Zone pickup. Cleans up nicely when volume rolled off. My dirty little secret is that I use an EQ pedal to fatten it up when I want neck-position tones.
~ Gotoh 510 Tremolo
~ Tesi Kill Switch
~ Sperzel locking tuners
~ Flush-mount Dunlop Straploks (why every guitar does not have these is beyond me!)

View attachment 59872
View attachment 59870
View attachment 59871
This is killer! Nice job!

I was also really into the flush-mount straploks, but only for a while. You need to have part attached to the strap, which means you either need to dedicate one strap to that guitar or get these straploks on all of your guitars. Not all guitars will accommodate them, though (e.g., Ibanez RGs or JSs upper horns are probably too narrow for the insert). When you can use 'em, though, they're great!

Out of curiosity, have you set this up yet? I'm wondering whether the intonation is set, as the saddle spread across strings looks really wide.

Both the room and the axe looks killer! And the axe has it’s own ”Franken look”, too.
Regarding the EQ for getting neck like tones, it definitely works, although of course not the same. BTW, what are your ”neck settings” on the EQ?

Thanks for the nice comments y'all! No, it has not been "officially" setup. But it plays, feels, intonates, and sounds great up and down the entire neck. See picture below for my starting EQ settings (settings I use at home). For gigs/band practices I tweak 'em as needed given the room and other band members' setups.
Holeyboard Mini top2 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me or , in the top picture, it kind of looks like you've found a second use for the trem arm.... as a kickstand. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the nice comments y'all! No, it has not been "officially" setup. But it plays, feels, intonates, and sounds great up and down the entire neck. See picture below for my starting EQ settings (settings I use at home). For gigs/band practices I tweak 'em as needed given the room and other band members' setups.
View attachment 59873

This is the way.

Back