For sale: New Warmoth LP, neck + body + all needed parts, assembly required

jay4321

EDIT 3/10/2013: Virtually everything sold. I may/may not list the remainder at a later point but will probably just eBay them or shelve them.

I've got a lot of stuff that's going to wind up here, and if there's any interest I'll add photos & more details. I've got some renovations around the house happening soon and I need to either sell off some stuff or put it in storage. Prices aren't set and I can be flexible for established forum people, and can produce excellent trading references here and offsite. First up:

Complete Warmoth LP guitar kit, Warmoth factory painted, new hardware included - NEW:  body-neck-parts all included, Warmoth black gloss finish, never assembled. This was meant to be the counterpart to my other Warmoth LP (already sold), but I shelved the project and never found time to get back to it. Completely new condition other than what's mentioned, nothing drilled at all, though I did attach the neck to the body and started putting in the tailpiece posts.

Body: Mahogany w/ Maple cap (new). Black gloss finish, no binding. I started putting in the tailpiece posts is all (correctly), nothing else drilled. 

Neck: Mahogany, ebony board w/ trapezoids. LP '59 roundback (new), no binding, contoured heel. Gloss black, ebony board, New chrome/black Planet Waves tuners installed. No nut.

Parts: Chrome TonePros tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece, chrome metal pickup rings, CTS 500k pots, some kind of Russian aftermarket caps, switchcraft jack, speed knobs, black neck plate & 2 + 2 contoured heel screw set. I have a new Earvana nut for this also. Pretty sure I have the switch as well.

(Pickups are kind of a personal thing people like to pick for themselves, but I have some I can offer for sale. Offhand I know I have a JB+Jazz set black uncovered, and a chrome covered JB+Jazz as well. Also an EMG 81 + 85 set that you'd have to wire, not quick connect, but excellent condition. Not included here.)

Pricing just the main parts on comparable showcase prices I get:

Painted LP body $545
Painted LP neck around $280 painted? I don't see any now
Tone Pros parts $110
Planet Waves set $50
Earvana LP nut (the nice drop-in shelf kind): $35

Even ignoring the small stuff that's over $1,000. Of course even with it being new I wouldn't try to get full price, but for $750 I'd sell the entire lot and cover tracked shipping & insurance. For $825 I'll add in an open but unused JB/Jazz pickup set (black) and you'll have the whole guitar.

If there's no interest I may part things out later, but the price here reflects the lot.

Other stuff I'll get around to listing, once I get some pictures and figure out prices

Black Warmoth V body, OFR route, swamp ash, has some wear

Unused Warmoth LP baritone neck maple/rosewood, new Planet Waves tuners installed, factory gloss black headstock & clear gloss back. No fretboard dots. I've listed this once before and no one bought, still just sitting around unwanted.

A custom-made alder Ibanez Jem body routed for Edge Pro and AANJ neck. Has monkey grip but I asked for no claw trem. You'll need to see pictures of this one as there are cracks the builder filled and a bit of sanding work will be needed. You'll want a solid finish on this one.

I've got a Wine Red Epi LP custom (discontinued color), excellent condition. I've gutted the crappy pickups and electronics out, and have a TonePros tailpiece for it, plus upgraded tuners to gold Planet Waves.

My Warmoth Tele Deluxe doesn't get played much now, and I have a Warmoth Tele Custom I like better. Tonar did the nitro finish. Build thread & finished product thread below. 
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7065.0
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8482.0

Greg Bennett RL-1 (or 2?), blue, Rio Grande BBQ pickups
Looks like this: http://gregbennettguitars.com/guitars/electric/vintage/rl1/

Cheap Ibanez 5-string bass with active electronics, barely used. It was a factory second I believe due to one neck screw getting drilled in kind of oddly, but it's functional. I think it's this one (same finish) but will need to double check later on: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/ibanez-gio-gsr205fm-5-string-bass-guitar

Bugera V22 amp, immaculate

Line 6 Pod X3 Live, also immaculate

MXL4000 mic, new. Came with a second smaller mic in a box. Also have dust filter and stand I may/may not sell.

Mbox mini 2

ISP Decimator very good cond with power cord, with box

Joyo Extreme metal pedal, immacuate, with box

A great new-condition PC with great specs, custom built for quiet operation. i7-2700k, Gigabyte Z77 board (2013 model), 8GB low voltage 1.35v RAM, Seasonic X650 gold power supply, Antec Elite case with soundproofing added, 240GB Sandisk Extreme SSD, USB 3.0 ports added up front, Antec water cooling system, a high end quiet Noctua fan. Includes Windows 8 Pro in sealed package - I purchased from MS an is authentic, when I bought as a download I paid extra for a disc; license has only been used once and for this setup so good to go. 

A Fender Japan strat body, Pelham blue/"old" lake placid blue (more grey blue than the bright blue). Have an aftermarket neck fitted to it, is maple with ebony board, abalone, and decal'd, nitro finished by Tonar

Lots of random parts, pickups, things like that I'll need to sort out.

Les paul? Sure. Why not. Send me a pm if you can do international shipping. I do not require pickups since I have 4 unused sets.;)

Orpheo: I can do international shipping if you'll eat the cost. I normally don't ship overseas but since you're a reg and I don't have to worry about a bunch of drama I can do it. I have it listed on ebay now though, edit: cancelled the last three days (was Buy it Now only). I'm actually a little surprised it hasn't sold yet. I know my photos aren't very good but I didn't go and list it at some knucklehead price, and it's a fairly vanilla setup.

I need to adjust the price downward a bit for you. It was listed on ebay for less than here, although it didn't include all the stuff I offered here either and I have more besides. PM me an address and maybe give me a suggestion as to the best carrier to use, we can sort out a price. Offhand if you're willing to take everything for the LP I'd be okay with $680 + whatever it costs to ship and insure. That's with the straplocks, Earvana, new pots, knobs, pickup rings and whatever else I've got for it.

Marko: The Japanese body's sold. A number of things on the list are already gone, it's hard to sell stuff here with such low traffic. I had to go elsewhere. But it was routed for a typical vintage style trem. Whatever the '62 RI took stock.

Orpheo send me a message when you get back home. Gonna take a round of photos of the stuff & give you an official list of what's in the deal.

I seem to have misplaced the back cover plate but I think I know which box it's in. EDIT: Yup, found it. I think we should probably ship the body/neck separately for safety. Then pack it, weigh it, get shipping cost worked out.

EDIT: Anyone know if UPS is the way to go on this? What way does Warmoth ship out-of-country?

jay4321 said:
EDIT: Anyone know if UPS is the way to go on this? What way does Warmoth ship out-of-country?

Ok, I've been living in Japan for 22 years now and have EVERYTHING shipped over here. From the US, to Japan at least, I've found that the cheapest way to ship something is with the US Post Office. Shipping companies charge an arm and a leg, not to mention they often get nailed with import duties. Don't know why that is. Anyway, if you go with the Post Office get something with a tracking number.
MULLY

どうもありがとう

And yeah tracking standard on everything worth more than $50

mullyman said:
Ok, I've been living in Japan for 22 years now and have EVERYTHING shipped over here. From the US, to Japan at least, I've found that the cheapest way to ship something is with the US Post Office.

That's been my experience as well. The difference in cost is dramatic. Last time I shipped a body to England, it would have been $125 from FedEx or UPS, but the USPS did it for $65. It's even better if you can ship to an APO address. Drops the price down to where it's like shipping it across town.

Sup!

Okay Orpheo, took a bunch of pics (sorry, bad lighting/bad photographer). Not going to post them in the thread but uploaded them here so you can browse through them. Everything in the pictures is included. If you see an obviously missing part let me know I probably just forgot it, but I don't think there's anything left to look for.

http://photobucket.com/yoyoyoOrpheo

So here's the list.

(1) Body with cavity covers
(1) Neck with Planet Waves tuners - remember you need to come up with set screws for this
(1) Truss cover
(4) Speed knobs, origin unknown (Warmoth? China? No idea)
(4) Long shaft 500k pots (Warmoth or AllParts)
(1) TonePros tailpiece with everything
(1) TonePros bridge with everything
(1) Set black pickup rings
(1) Set chrome/metal pickup rings sized for carved top
(1) Chrome Schaller strap locks
(1) Standard little Warmoth back with sticker and allen wrench
(1) Treble/rhythm black LP switch ring
(1) Boom/Doom black LP switch ring
(1) Black Earvana nut Was briefly attached to another guitar but not cut, looked dumb against white binding, some slight glue residue on underside
(1) Chrome-tipped switch origin unknown, think I got it from eBay, feels looser than I'd like
(1) Black neck plate
(1) 2x 2 black neck plate screw set for contoured heel
(1) jack
(1) chrome jack plate
(2) .022 Vitamin Q caps

Will get to packing it up in a bit but I'm starving

EDIT: Just tried to price UPS first. Dear God. Going to try the post office next. 

I don't have an exact figure but based on what I put into USPS you're looking at $75 for shipping, USPS Priority Mail International (6-10 days). There's a 3-5 day Express International service for about $90. You can choose the declared value you want for insurance.

So an even edit: $700 total including shipping if you want it Priority.

Back