Floyd Rose/neck pocket/body advice needed...

Sean

I have an old Kramer from the 80's (I believe it is a Focus).  I want to replace the body with a Warmoth chambered strat with an F hole.
The neck fits a regular strat neck pocket fine. 

I want a non-recessed Floyd rout- The trem will have no pull up at all and be a dive-only.  The body will have a pickguard.  The Floyd Rose bridge is an original from the 80's. 

Do I need the "angled neck pocket"?  There isn't much info on Warmoth's site about it...which way is it angled?  Did Kramer use angled neck pockets?  Everything sets up just fine on that body.  I don't need the bridge to sit up very high.  It actually sits quite low on the Kramer. 

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

"Angled Neck Pocket" is not a choose-able option. If you get the non-recessed Floyd rout, you get it automatically. If you get the recessed Floyd rout, you do not.

Why? Because if you get a non-recessed Floyd rout, the bridge is going to sit higher up off the body. Without angling the neck back slightly, you'll never be able to achieve low action in the upper frets.

The same is true of any other bridge that sits high up off the body, most notably the Tunomatic-style bridge. That's why Gibson guitars that use them all have back-angled necks.

Thanks for the info...

My main concern is that I am going to wind up with a bridge WAY high off the body to accommodate the ability to pull up the trem (which I will never do). 
I've never spec'ed out a body with a Floyd Rose on it before.  I'd prefer to get it right on the first try  :glasses9:

I ordered a flat mount body and have the bridge set high enough to where I can vibrato but that’s it, pull up wise. The action is very low. I always take the shim between the block and the fine tuner plate out, though. If I did not, the bridge would be resting on the body. I can post pics of whatever you want to see, the action, bridge height, or anything else. But you will be fine just ordering the non recessed rout.

Back