Floyd Rose Locking Nut Overhang on Modern Neck

Chad11491

Hi All,

I've had this neck a few weeks waiting on it's body, and I just noticed the nut slot seemed kind of narrow for the FR nut. I held it up to compare to my other Modern neck with an FR nut cut and sure enough, it's way less "tall".

So I take the lock nut off my existing modern neck and sure enough, the nut has an ugly overhang. Both necks were purchased from the showcase. Unfortunately I've already had tru-oil on this neck for weeks waiting on the body. Has anyone else had this issue? I know it's not an issue that would effect the guitar itself, but this will seriously bother me. I'm curious if others have had this overhang, because my one other modern neck doesn't have this overhang, neither does my Musikraft neck with an FR nut route.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
some1 told me the li'l overhang thing for floyds are more likely on showcase necks compared to custom. dunno why. maybe AA or Cage-meister have the scoops (and I don't mean Hagan Daz). as long as she shredz, i don't care. the bolts and string tension are gonna hold it in place.

When a neck is ordered custom for a FR shelf it will not have an overhang as the neck is made specifically for that purpose.

When an FR shelf is fitted to a showcase neck that was not specifically already made for an FR shelf, they will have a similar overhang.

Back