Flame koa gecko 6 string fretless

klangster

I finally got my pickups on sat. and was able to get her wired up and set up so I thought I would share a few pics they are a bit over exposed or dark but you can get the idea 
IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg
IMG_0691.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0689.jpg
Thanks to all you guys who helped me by answering my questions along the way, it really makes things easier when you can get advice from a group. I will try to get a couple good straight on shots of the whole thing soon to send to the gallery on the main Warmoth site.  It sounds and plays amazing I can not imagine a more perfect instrument for me. I almost was not going to put the ramp between the pickups just because I did not want to cover any more of the koa but I really like having them. My wife says I should use a more plain piece of wood because this one clashes , I think she my be right so I might make a less "loud" one later but for now I will play it as it is

WOWZA  :eek:

Exceptional  :icon_thumright:

Wowza again .....  :toothy10:

The detail in that is just amazing ....
Fantastic job !!

If that doesn't become a GOTM sometime ..... I'd be totally shocked.

:kewlpics:

Fantastic! Nicely done!

Did you make the truss rod cover and cavity cover by yourself? What's keeping the cavity cover in place - some kind of magnets? :)

:hello2:

Edit: Stumbled upon the build thread so all answers given :)

This thing is flippin' AWESOME. Very classy build all around. Well done!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys, this turned out better than I imagined it would. Huge thanks to the Warmoth crew and also the Best Bass Gear crew, all very helpful and patient with all my questions and inquiries.

That's absurd. Give me your fax so I can send you your revised will to sign, as I am your New Best Friend and am only looking out for you. :eek:ccasion14:

I didn't even think you could get koa like that anymore! Might be some pissed-off Hawaiians in your future. :eek:

That is awesome!

Will you tell about the electronics or link to a thread that describes what you're using?

Thanks!

Thanks again guys. Oops I forgot to put the specs in this thread.
The electronics are Delano SBC h4 pickups and a Delano Sonar ms preamp that is a 3 band eq with a 3 position shift-able mid (located internally )magnetic control cover gives easy access.  Each pickup has a switch that allows for single coil, series or parallel. At first I was not sure how I felt about the pre-amp but after a few days I absolutely love it  the pickups sound amazing in passive mode then with very subtle use of the boosts I can get many distinct tones. I had really no experience with switching options so I chose to put the switches there thinking that I would just find one position and leave it there eventually but I really like the versatility it affords me. The pickups being quad coil have the option of also being wired to switch between front or rear  single coil positions essentially making them like jazz bass pickups in slightly different spots, I have not tried this but one day when I feel like messing with the wiring again I might .

Just wanted to mention how FANTASTIC your Bass guitar looks in the top right hand corner  :headbang:

Also noticed you couldn't get your GOTM banner in your signature properly.
Try using 'Tinypic' it's free. http://tinypic.com/
Here is how you do it.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21095.msg315399#msg315399
You just gotta show that beauty off ......

That is one hell of a Bass  :icon_thumright:

Hotlinking to the corner pic won't keep yours, it'll rotate with whatever current pic is in that spot.
I made you a banner in the Vote page that you can save, they work great for signatures.

Love it.  You had my vote.

Does the block between the PUs serve a purpose?  Looks better without...just my 2 cents....you got my vote either way :guitarplayer2:

Thanks again guys! And I think I got the banner right now :icon_scratch: thanks for making it Autobat!

DMARCO the block serves both as a thumb rest and sort of a depth limiter for the fingers, it makes it easier to play fast and even when playing between the pickups(feels like playing directly over the back pickup but with a little thicker tone) and also helps for finger thumb combining, many bass players use them these days( Gary Willis, Matt Garrison, etc.). I put one on a bass a couple years ago to try it out and sort of became dependent on them. I did not want to put one on this bass because the wood underneath is so nice but I really missed after a little while so it's there. But I agree it was a little sleeker without

Back