Volume/Volume/Tone/3 way toggle

Hardware:
GB7 Tuners
Takeuchi T5 Bridge
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Neck
Rio Grande Powerbucker
Black Knurled side Knobs

Want any more info just ask
The strings are top loaded for now as found they were too short even at long scale for going through the body,
and with money at a premium id have to sell the long scale set to get super long scale set, so for now its top loaded, lucky i got the takeuchi!

It plays amazingly and having the b string has seriously helped my playing of songs i already know, and making it easier to learn new songs already.
Plus having high up pickups makes playing b string easier, something i was missing out on on my P Bass i feel now.
Well heres some pictures as attachments, when it gets light tommorow ill do some proper shots outdoors,
and my entry shot for next GOTM hopefully, Long shot but who knows, maybe Bass winner 2 (I Wish  :doh:)

Oh and the powerbucker gives sounds like a music man, and also a more muddy sound like a soapbar pickup on my thunderbird,
so it serves alot of purposes, and both together sound like a jazz bass too
3 in 1 almost i feel

If anyones interested my Warmoth 2 and Final (I hope) is going to be either a sg/lp or a new thunderbird with some custom artwork on it.
However with the lack of five string bodies in them shapes, and depending how well i get on with this one it will possibly change to a 5 string body,
i would have to think wisely about pups, probably soap bars to get a definate grungy tone like my epiphone.

Oh and decided calling the bass Jeff, after my dad, as this really is my 19th and final present from him.
So when new strings are needed ill be replacing the neck plate to a custom one as a tribute.

Hope you like  :icon_thumright:
P.S Ill stop talking now but tommorow i should have a cover of me playing Anybody seen my baby? by the stones to show you how it sounds (easyish song i know, but i find it fun to play and good to improv a little).
Along with some fooling around to show you the different combinations,

Pnurple!

Also, how do you like the Powerbucker? People always seem to talk up Rio Grande but I can never find any reviews, or anyone who has one, or even anyone who works for the freaking company when I call.

knucklehead G said:
Pnurple!

Also, how do you like the Powerbucker? People always seem to talk up Rio Grande but I can never find any reviews, or anyone who has one, or even anyone who works for the freaking company when I call.

The powerbucker itself i think is ruddy amazing, like a mix between a music man and jazz, helped especially having it series/parrallel on push pull pot it has for volume. but really does give a jazz tone using both, and a music man toneish using just the powerbucker, then a bit of soapbar i feel in the other setting.

As for rio grande themselves well they are a bit non existant contact wise, and when i asked to confirm the colour coding of the pick up which helped luthier greatly as was same as seymour duncans, they put the explanation in capitals
now i come from msn, so generally i take this as being shouting/saying it loudly so i would understand, which for me asking a simple question, felt pretty shitty them doing that, and it wasnt mistaken caps as the rest of it was in lower case.
So felt a bit patronised by there customer service  :icon_scratch:

Cheers Nonsense, nice to know people think it looks as good as i think it does haha.
But its exactly what i wanted in a third bass and even more after playing it.
Just be fun to see how many votes i get at GOTM if the next is warmoth finished!

Do you have any good close up shots of the neck?

The fingerboard is a bit brown for my taste, but I've been really interested in a Wenge/Bloodwood neck lately.

I'd like to see the side of the neck, to get an idea how well the Bloodwood contrasts the Wenge.

Yeah sure line6 ill be getting some good outside shots of it and ill do close up of neck and the difference for you, 9 oclock in the morning has been too often a sight since i got home from uni  :sad:

Yeah me too, glad i didnt go with a blacker wood for neck, as much as i love black red and purple it wouldve been bit much, plus wenge was still dark and raw neck and i love the feel of the thing while im playing, first time in a year that my fingers are sore from playing so much rolling stones on it today haha

Back