First Warmoth is a Soloist

spe111

I wanted something pretty different from what I normally play (and I think pretty different from what most people normally play...)

The body is flamed maple on walnut and the neck is unfinished wenge with an ebony fretboard. 25.5 scale length. The pickups are an EMG 57/66 set with a regular volume/tone setup.

I expected it to acoustically sound very bright with very long sustain and it does. Those pickups are like slightly more compressed Les Paul pickups. The combination adds up to sounding mostly like a Les Paul with more bite and more sustain.

The sound and quality of the guitar are pretty excellent. It feels plays as good as anything with a good setup. I'm pretty satisfied with Warmoth. It did need a fret leveling, which I kind of expected.

Attachments

• IMG_7092.JPG
    IMG_7092.JPG
    628.6 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_7093.JPG
    IMG_7093.JPG
    656.1 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_7094.JPG
    IMG_7094.JPG
    783.3 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_7095.JPG
    IMG_7095.JPG
    832 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_7096.JPG
    IMG_7096.JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 641
Beautiful instrument! Congrats, and welcome to the forum. Is that a Warmoth factory satin finish?

Thanks. Yes, it was finished by Warmoth in transparent red - satin. It looks really great IRL with the black hardware.

Very elegant and classy. I really like the binding on both the body and the neck. Beautiful!

Good-looking guitar, very clean and understated, and I'm sure it plays as good as it looks!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for all of the compliments. I'm really starting to like playing this one.

Back