First Warmoth Build! A few questions.

Kazz3lrath

I am currently planning on ordering the following things from Warmoth:
P-Bass Body (with a pickup selected)
Standard Warmoth Bass neck (frets and nut already done)
Tuning Machines
B-bass pickguard
Bass bridge
Strings (not ordered from Warmoth)

What else do I need to order? Does selecting a pickup on the body details page mean that it comes with the body? I am very new to this sort of thing.

If you mean, do you get the pickup, then no they just route the shape for a pickup to be installed so you'd need a pickup and the electrics, pots, wires and capacitor. Loads of tutorials and diagrams for what you'd need, just google it.

Inthink you've got most of it covered, might need a Jack plate if you have a side mounted jack. The only other things you may need is some knobs and a string tree to pull the strings down for better angle on the nut.

I will warn you though, even though they do the nut, it still me need filing for a desired action, so you should take it a professional to do a setup.

Hope that helps.

Minimum things you need to build a Pbass would be:
Neck with frets (preferably Stainless Steel), nut, and depending on wood choice: finish.
Tuning machines, string tree (unless going with a tilt back headstock)

Body with your preffered pickup & bridge routing, pickguard (if top routed) plus screws for it
Neck plate & screws
Pots for volumes & tone, wires to connect them, a capacitor for the tone, an output jack.
Body finish (if you want them to do that (they do amazing finish work))
Strap buttons

Pickups
Strings

That's all that I can think that you'd need right now.  I can't guarantee it's complete.

Back