First Warmoth Build… I’m in love!

What's not to love?  It's beautiful! 

Warmoth knows how to make wood look good.  Here's one of mine.  It's a 24.75" scale neck, so it's probably as close to a Les Paul as I'll ever get.  :)

Attachments

• warmoth-usacg_strat.jpg
    warmoth-usacg_strat.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 175
How does it sound, are you noticing any extra resonance with the semi hollow? looks great.

Spud said:
How does it sound, are you noticing any extra resonance with the semi hollow? looks great.
I feel like there’s definitely extra resonance, but I could be blinded by how happy I am that it came out so well!

Spud said:
I am getting the itch to try one myself! :icon_thumright:
I really shouldn’t have, but I just ordered my second kit. This is NOT a cheap addiction for me to fall into, but it’ll give me something to look forward to in OCTOBER or NOVEMBER when it finally ships. ugggggh…

tfennell74 said:
Spud said:
I really shouldn’t have, but I just ordered my second kit. This is NOT a cheap addiction for me to fall into, but it’ll give me something to look forward to in OCTOBER or NOVEMBER when it finally ships. ugggggh…

Congratulations on your build.

It certainly is not a cheap hobby, but just to point out Warmoth technically supply parts and not kits.

stratamania said:
tfennell74 said:
Spud said:

Congratulations on your build.

It certainly is not a cheap hobby, but just to point out Warmoth technically supply parts and not kits.
Apologies for my verbal shortcut… and you’re right. When dealing with this level of $, it actually feels better to call it a build anyway. Better still, “a personally and painstakingly selected assortment of high quality parts that, once assembled, will comprise a fine musical instrument.” That certainly feels a hell of a lot more like a couple grand than “kit”. 😁 can’t wait to get the next delivery. 5 months and counting!

Bumping this after seeing you mention it in your newer thread. Love the build, mooncasters are my favorite Warmoth design (the only one I've built) and this one is just excellent.

Edit: I went with the same headstock on my mooncaster, I think it is a great choice to compliment that body style.

Bumping this after seeing you mention it in your newer thread. Love the build, mooncasters are my favorite Warmoth design (the only one I've built) and this one is just excellent.

Edit: I went with the same headstock on my mooncaster, I think it is a great choice to compliment that body style.
Thanks, and absolutely agree on everything! Plays like a dream, too. I’m sure yours does as well!

It's a lot cheaper than restoring old cars. Try that hobby ... my cousin did it and it gets pricey.

Back