First post here, first question... Get a neck ready to fix right out of the box?

stratquebec

Hi Ladies and Gentleman!

First post here.

My strat is a 2002 American Series. I would like to get a scalloped replacement neck from Warmoth.

My first question to you is this:

Is it possible to get a neck  from Warmoth all dressed ( tuners installed, frets dressed and polished etc etc) ready to fix on my strat right out of the box?

Thanks!

nope, you can get all your parts though and its easy to put together, tuners take like 20 mins to put on, and get it dressed and polished by your favorite local guy
and welcome to the forum  :toothy10:

stratplayer1 said:
nope, you can get all your parts though and its easy to put together, tuners take like 20 mins to put on, and get it dressed and polished by your favorite local guy
and welcome to the forum  :toothy10:

What he said.  And while yer at it, you oughta replace the body, pickguard, pickups, knobs, pots, switch, jack and wires too.  But keep the nackplate stock.

Ok! So at least the frets will be "pre-installed" so to speak. Well that's cool! Thanks! Let's begin by a replacment neck at first and see how it feels. I already scallopped my cabinet speakers myself. Killer tone!  :doh: Can't find any nackplate on my strat though!!! :help:

if it makes you feel better, 3 out of the 5 warmoth necks I bought didn't need any dressing at all. the other 2 needed some minor dressing + polishing some fret ends.

stratquebec said:
Can't find any nackplate on my strat though!!! :help:

Vol. Knob said:
What he said.  And while yer at it, you oughta replace the body, pickguard, pickups, knobs, pots, switch, jack and wires too.  But keep the nackplate stock.

Vol means nEckplate.  The bit on the back of the body that holds the screws to join the neck to the body.....
And, he's wrong........Dont keep the stock neckplate!  Get Dangerous Doug to make you a new one with a engraved design of your choice.
See this......http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

Vol means nEckplate...

Ya for sure! And I just found the nackplate  too :toothy10:

Dont keep the stock neckplate!  Get Dangerous Doug to make you a new one with a engraved design of your choice.
See this......http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

Hey! Gorgeous :rock-on:

Back