explorer, jackson, KWS ??

GoDrex

probably answered somewhere, but I don't know what to look for.... but why do these types only come in maple or mahogany and nothing else? Just wondering...

GoDrex said:
probably answered somewhere, but I don't know what to look for.... but why do these types only come in maple or mahogany and nothing else? Just wondering...
They can be had in other woods, but you'd have to special order I presume. But I've thought the same thing, they only list just a few woods on the options page...

I have two Jackson-style necks.  One mahogany and one padouk.  I recall on the old website they had a number of choices.

Regarding Strat necks, they don't list canary as an option, but it was not a problem to order one by phone.

DocNrock said:
I have two Jackson-style necks.  One mahogany and one padouk.  I recall on the old website they had a number of choices.

Regarding Strat necks, they don't list canary as an option, but it was not a problem to order one by phone.
I think it's kinda like the Ken Lawrence headstock thing. They only do batches of certain woods for the showcase, so they can get the extra monies on the custom exotic stuff.... :dontknow:

The KWS neck, in particular, requires a wider than normal neck blank to accomodate the headstock.  The other two boil down to maintaining regular inventory of offset tiltback neck blanks.  If you have something you really want, let us know.

Back