EVH Frankenstrat Body

Junaid

Hi, is it possible to consider the addition of EVH's Frankenstrat body to the list of guitar bodies?

Perhaps this should be in the suggestion box though a Frankenstrat ala the one made by EVH is just a strat body with DIY mods done to it. So I doubt you will see a Warmoth off the shelf version.

Or do you mean an EVH branded variant? 

Just get a top route strat and do the hand routed humbucker route yourself. Pretty much all it is. Unless you are talking about the 5150 Kramer guitar which is actually a different shape. The Kramer shape would definitely be a nice option to have.

stratamania said:
Perhaps this should be in the suggestion box though a Frankenstrat ala the one made by EVH is just a strat body with DIY mods done to it. So I doubt you will see a Warmoth off the shelf version.

Or do you mean an EVH branded variant?

Hi, yes you are right, this should've been posted in the suggestion box, thanks for pointing that out.
I'm looking for a Frankenstrat body replica of the one Ed purchased from Charvel which was a Northern Ash ‘Boogie Bodies’ branded Strat body, made by Wayne Charvel and Dave Schecter using Schecter’s templates. Musikcraft had one such body in their catalogue, but it's discontinued since they stopped building guitar bodies.
So, it's a strat body modified by ED and Not a 5150 or the new EVH line:
https://vanhalengear.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/German-Floyd-Exhibit.jpg

Then why not just use a Strat body and do a DIY project, there are lots of videos available of how to go about it on Youtube etc.

I kind of feel like this has been done to the bone, but a butchered ash Strat body will get you going.
From there, Youtube is your oyster.

There are a bunch of companies out there doing Frankie bodies, but I doubt it's something we'd ever see added to the Warmoth line.

Locke custom guitars is what I’d recommend for anyone wanting a replica body/neck for EVH.

https://www.lockecustomguitars.com/product-page/the-frank

Back