Esquire time

Tyrannocaster

I did this whole thing with my Esquire. The guitar has no Warmoth parts now, but it does have a roasted maple, 22 fret, '59 Roundback neck with 6100 frets and a Corian Earvana nut on order, so I'm slipping the tune in. I have one of these on my Telecaster, except for the Earvana. It's a hefty neck which you either like or hate.

The current neck was something of a dare; it's from Amazon, shipped directly to me from China for $45 TOTAL. When I got it, I saw that it was pumpkin colored, and the headstock had been cut out by someone who must not have ever seen a Telecaster, only had one described to them, LOL. This weekend, I belt sanded the headstock into a semblance of normality. The strange thing is that it's actually a really nice neck to play. It has a slim C profile and low frets, but you can bend on them just fine (you'll see), and there were no pointy ends or anything. It has lower action than any other guitar I own, so it's great for Curtis Mayfield type things. (Which I do play, occasionally.) The cheapass body is from GFS and it has its own set of problems, but it takes a Fender neck, and it's super light, which I like every time I pick the guitar up. It's actually a nice instrument if you can get past the crap. I can't wait for the Warmoth neck, though. I figure I've got about 4 weeks to go...

Anyway, here's The Sword In The Lake.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/tyrannocaster-rex/the-sword-in-the-lake[/soundcloud]

Also, attaching a pic of one of my dogs for scale.  :laughing7:

Attachments

• BilEsqP1050697small.jpg
    BilEsqP1050697small.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 184
Nobody asked, but the heavier distorted sounds were all done with the "honk" setting on the Esquire, which has the Eldred mod. This guitar didn't come to life until I put a Dimarzio Virtual T in it - I replaced the VT in my old Tele with an Area T 615 and put the VT in the Esquire. Those discontinued VTs are great pickups! However, they are a little noisier than the Areas and they are harder to remove buzz through careful shielding, which I suppose is why Dimarzio discontinued them. They are still an order of magnitude quieter than any single coil.

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.  :icon_biggrin:

Cool tune!

Back