Emerald Dragon

Cven

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Been contemplating building a Warmoth guitar for close to a decade now.  Finally took the plunge, thanks to some positive reinforcement from Loomi.

Emerald Dragon
Body
Carved Top Soloist
Alder with Quilted Maple Top
Jungle Burst Finish on top, Gloss Black on back
Contoured Heel

Neck
Custom Angled Headstock
Flame Maple Shaft
Ziricote Fingerboard w/Full Scallop
Quilted Maple Veneer on Headstock
Standard Thin Contour
Gloss Finish on back, Jungle Burst on Headstock
SS6115 fret wire

Hardware
Hipshot Baby Grand Bridge
Schaller Mini Locking Tuners
DiMarzio Crunchlab (bridge) and Air Norton (neck)
Ziricote pickup rings (from Dknob)
CRL 3-Way Switch (wired Bridge Series – Neck Series – Neck Single Coil)
Ziricote Switch Tip (from Dknob)
CTS 500k Long Shaft Pots
3D Dragon Claw Knobs (Shark Inlay)
King of Dragons Truss Rod Cover (Shark Inlay)
Custom Neck Plate (LazrArt)
Dunlop StrapLocks

dragon1.jpg

dragon2.jpg

dragon3.jpg

dragon4.jpg

dragon5.jpg

dragon6.jpg

dragon7.jpg

Thank you for posting this!  Those were great looking parts in the shop and it is awesome to see it put together.

Another GOM contender!

Excellent!

Someday i want to try scalloped. It's just too many guitars down the list at the moment.

Whoa.  Way to come out with guns a-blazin', dude!  I like the headstock idea.  It definitely resonates with the "dragon" concept.

Bagman

While not exactly my style, that doesn't deter from the fact that you've put together a really unique and very nicely done guitar.  I love the originality of it and how the whole thing fits with the dragon theme.  Great job!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Figured I'd try to make a grand entrance.  I'm extremely happy with it and can't wait to start planning my next one.  I'm definitely planning on submitting this to GOM.

Nice build. I'm not totally sold on the pup rings, but the headstock is good enough to ignore that.

The only way to be more dragon-y would be one of these:
double-dragon.jpg

AutoBat said:
The only way to be more dragon-y would be one of these:
double-dragon.jpg

Or, one of these...

dragon-guitar.jpg

But, I think I like Cven's better. It's actually a playable piece. Nice work.

Thats AMAZING, I love the jungle burst!  :eek:  :kewlpics:

Ps, how are you liking the crunch lab pickups, cause i was thinking of getting some.

Again, thanks to everyone for the comments.  I'm sure like most of you, I fretted over every little detail.

AutoBat said:
Nice build. I'm not totally sold on the pup rings, but the headstock is good enough to ignore that.

I was on the fence about the Ziricote pickup rings, but I'm really glad I did it.  I think they help the neck and body flow together.

Altar said:
That neckplate... :eek:

Another thing I fretted over.  I'm pretty ecstatic about it though. :hello2:

JCizzle said:
Love the scallops!!!

My first scalloped neck and I couldn't be happier.  Never had a neck without inlays, though.  Now realizing how much I don't look at the side dots.  :-\

Leumasd said:
Thats AMAZING, I love the jungle burst!  :eek:  :kewlpics:

Ps, how are you liking the crunch lab pickups, cause i was thinking of getting some.

I love the CrunchLab.  Been playing them for 3 years now.  Every guitar I have has one in the bridge.  Compared it the D Sonic and EMG81 and the CrunchLab wins out, in my opinion.

You are a design genius. Congrats dude. GOM winner in my book. :headbang1: I think this is the first guitar I've seen with such great matching wood accessories.

Very nice.  Definitely custom to you.  I wouldn't have had the foresight to choose those pickup rings, but after seeing them on the guitar, they look really good.

Wow, nice one! Very... dragon-ish!  :icon_thumright:

That bridge is new to me. It looks pretty cool, you like it so far?

Back