Dust my Broom

Vennegaard

Well, my first ever Warmoth build is finally finished. It’s somewhat based on the bass used by Dusty Hill of ZZ Top – hence the name  :headbang:

That is, it is almost finished – I’m still awaiting the string through bridge, but it should arrive shortly.

Body:
54’ P-Bass
1-piece extra light swamp ash
Butterschotch Blonde finish by Warmoth
Rio Grande Myu Grande for ’51 P-Bass
Hipshot Type A bridge with string through option - Chrome
Warmoth matte black pickguard
Schaller Straplocks - Chrome

Neck:
Maple with Tele headstock
Vintage tint gloss finish by Warmoth
1-11/16” Nut width (std. P-bass)
SS 6105 frets
Corian nut, cut by Warmoth
Hipshot HB 1 tuners - Chrome

:eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:   

Dust1.jpg

Dust2.jpg

Dust3.jpg

Dust4.jpg

Dust5.jpg

Dust6.jpg

Dust7.jpg

:eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:      :eek:ccasion14:   

That is IT man, wonderful job.  Oh, and Dusty is the man!

That's a great-looking bass. Nice work. Looks so clean and classy! Would look very cool standing next to a '52 reissue Tele...same butterscotch finish, pickguard, peghead, similar control plate and pickup appearance, etc.

pscates said:
That's a great-looking bass. Nice work. Looks so clean and classy! Would look very cool standing next to a '52 reissue Tele...same butterscotch finish, pickguard, peghead, similar control plate and pickup appearance, etc.

I totally agree - maybe it will get a little sister some time from now  :headbang:

I love it and to think when I was a kid I turned up my nose to the originals I could have bought them used for a hundred bucks or less. I had to have brand new Jazz basses nothing to do with that old used stuff. To have those days over again. Very nice and clean.

Stuck in the Sixties said:
I love it and to think when I was a kid I turned up my nose to the originals I could have bought them used for a hundred bucks or less. I had to have brand new Jazz basses nothing to do with that old used stuff. To have those days over again. Very nice and clean.

Ah, the ones that got away! Sounds like a good thread.... :eek:

Back