Duncan strat lipstick tubes

C

Cowbell Fever!

Anyone have experience with these? I saw Cocoa Montoya using them once and they sounded great. Are they kinda fun for a bit and quickly swapped? Anyone?...........

Someday I’ll dedicate a guitar to lipstick pups.  They’re more than a 1 trick pony, but still very specified. 
I always thought a neck lipstick and a gold foil bridge would present a very unique combination. Especially in a slide environment

TBurst Std said:
Someday I’ll dedicate a guitar to lipstick pups.  They’re more than a 1 trick pony, but still very specified. 
I always thought a neck lipstick and a gold foil bridge would present a very unique combination. Especially in a slide environment
I just pulled the proverbial trigger! Thank you.

A true lipstick design is very low output, kinda jangle-y, with good quack in the Strat inbetween positions. Great for cleans, but they need a lot of help from an amp or pedal for hotter/rock stuff.

Thank you for the insight. I did go for ordering two of em. I am going to put them in neck and middle. They may be slightly less chimey as I purposely ordered two Duncan strat BRIDGE models. They are rated at 5.0k vs the neck/middles at 3.0k. 3k just seemed too anemic. We'll see!

TBurst Std said:
Seems reasonable.  What will be in the bridge?

This is where you may chuckle, but I am gonna pair them with a 7.8K Gibson 57 classic. I wanted to put in a Duncan Firebird style mini humbucker, but the std humbucker route always positions it too far toward the neck and I don't like it.

Well K readings aren’t 100% an indication.  Research WCR pups.  Much higher K than the true output and tenedancy to push a preamp.

I do know that DCR isn't the end all regarding pickups. I also have an adapter and a Duncan Jerry Donahue tele bridge pickup I may use it makes tele bridge pu fit a Humbucker route at an angle.

Attachments

• Tele Donahue.JPG
    Tele Donahue.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 40
Arrived! :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• Silver infusion.JPG
    Silver infusion.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 44
The lipsticks are really wowing me, very cool alternative, 100% usable. Very happy.

TBurst Std said:
I told you.  They are niche, but not a 1 trick pony.

I like em so much, I just ordered a Duncan neck version to replace the bridge one in the neck for even more snap.. The middle needs the 5.0 of the bridge. I am jazzed! Kinda..like in an uninformed, more to the blues side with some sauce kinda jazz way. :laughing7:
index.php

Attachments

• Chair.JPG
    Chair.JPG
    577.7 KB · Views: 84
FYI, in case anyone is interested still, the neck 3.6K turned out to be a good a good idea. It retains a hair more lipstick/dano character in the neck position which I like. I am still happy I put the bridge 5K version in the middle. Happy now.

Put your tweed on 12, slap it to the neck position and grab your coricidin bottle. You’re in for a treat.

TBurst Std said:
Put your tweed on 12, slap it to the neck position and grab your coricidin bottle. You’re in for a treat.
TBurst Std-my current dilemma is the place I am temporarily visiting on the down low. I left my glass slide in the car, and there is only one way out, and I just can't go out that door! Cause there's a man down there....
I was making an Allman Bros "One Way Out" try at humor (Coricidin Bottle)

Back