Double F-Hole Strat with wrong hole

Hendrix

Screamin' Deal. Double F-Hole Strat! PRS-Style Controls.
Construction Chambered
Neck Pocket Strat® Shape
Wood Black Korina On Black Korina
Right/Left Right handed
Control Rout Rear Rout
Pickups H-X-H
Bridge Rout American Standard Strat® Tremolo
Input Jack Rout 3/4" (19mm) Side Jack Hole Jack
Contour Contoured Heel
Contour Forearm Contour
Contour Tummy Cut
Binding Natural Masked Accent
Top Finish Brown to Clear Burst
Back Finish Transparent Brown
Finish Type Gloss Finish
Scale 25-1/2"
Weight 3lbs., 12oz.

ffstrat-1.jpg

ffstrat-2.jpg

I don't know why it has precut
Input Jack Rout is 3/4" (19mm) Side Jack Hole Jack
it not fit any Input Jack warmoth has sell , I have send email ask did I buy the right Input Jack ?
and  warmoth just change my order to tele type Input Jack . :doh:
so it end up I need to made a 3D print adapter to use Deep Panel Mono Jack.
not sure other has buy this Screamin' Deal. Double F-Hole Strat can do about it.

ffstrat-3.jpg

ffstrat-4.jpg

ffstrat-5.jpg

ffstrat-6.jpg

ffstrat-7.jpg

ffstrat-8.jpg

ffstrat-9.jpg

ffstrat-10.jpg

ffstrat-11.jpg

ffstrat-12.jpg

ffstrat-13.jpg

It's good you were able to recover from that side jack hole. 3/4" is a oddball size that nothing really fits in. For those who want to use standard 1/4" jacks, a 7/8" hole is appropriate along with either a square or football jackplate, depending on the body style.

Cagey is right.  I always order the 3/4 inch.  It give the most options.
The input jack you are using is commonly used on front mount inputs that are angled with no plate.  like this.

Bxa3rwCGQwgwSi3G.medium

one of these would look killer too.  They do make them in gold.

Good-Quality-6-35mm-1-4-font-b-Jack-b-font-Plug-Socket-font-b-Output.jpg

7/8" is the diameter you want, not 3/4".

While that concave jack mount is pretty cool, they can be problematic. A surprising number of plugs won't go all the way into the jack. The curvature of the depression makes the sides around the jackhole taller than the opening, which holds back plugs with a body flange that's square to the plug itself, like these...

TSandTRS.jpg

...while plugs like these will work fine...

p346.jpg

It's a subtle difference, but it's bit me enough times that I eventually replaced the jack mounts with plates. Now I can plug in any straight plug, as well as any angled one.

the Deep Panel Mono Jack I use is order for the green VIP body I buy nearly half year ago , I just don’t have time to build it yet , so one problem here is I don’t have the jack for that VIP  body after I use it on this build.
If the body has no per-cut jack hole , I would select this option , as it look tidily and need less work load to put in on .
Photo show I test neck and pickup option :
ffstrat-33.jpg

ffstrat-25.jpg

Cagey said:

While that concave jack mount is pretty cool, they can be problematic. A surprising number of plugs won't go all the way into the jack. The curvature of the depression makes the sides around the jackhole taller than the opening, which holds back plugs with a body flange that's square to the plug itself, like these...

...while plugs like these will work fine...

It's a subtle difference, but it's bit me enough times that I eventually replaced the jack mounts with plates. Now I can plug in any straight plug, as well as any angled one.

I know what you talk about , I just don't use any washer it provide, so it portruding more.

telejack-13.jpg

what i mean the tele type jack need much more work load for me is
show on this build :

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26545.15

as I'm a picky designer too , just can't accept this kind of gap

telejack-1.jpg

so i need to do this :

telejack-5.jpg

telejack-9.jpg

telejack-12.jpg

Nice fabrication work.  Love 3d printers, but holy hand-slicer!  That Tele bridge looks very cool, but dangerous.

Cagey said:

I second this.  I like right angle plugs, and they don't always work so well with those Tele-style input cups.  Otherwise, I don't think anyone besides me actually likes those top-mount Ibanez-style output jacks.  I think they're great! :dontknow:

Back