Difference between the “Pearloid” & “White Pearl” Pickguard

itsmarkkbro

The title says it all. What’s the difference? I always assumed that standard “pearloid” was already white. Is Warmoth’s “white pearl” pickguard a brighter/purer white than normal?

Please provide pics if possible. I can’t tell on the website because they just have animated renderings of the pickguards; not any real life pictures.
And which of those 2 pearloids do you think looks better over a Lake Placid Blue Strat body?
Side note: I’m an international customer, so I’m not able to get sample swatches that they offer.

Oh ... I see you are international, Bro', didn't notice that before. I'll take a look at my swatches and let you know tomorrow. My recollection is that there's not much difference, and it's just whether you want black line around the guard or not. I'd head over to your local guitar store and check out the blue guitars with pearloid pickguards.

The White Pearl material is closer to a bright white, but the pearloid top layer does cause a slight color shift:
bsl13-a.jpg

Pearloid Solid is significantly darker:
bsl2-a.jpg

And yet another thing not yet pointed out is that White Pearloid is vinyl, wheras Pearloid Solid is celluloid....aka much more likely to shrink over time and highly flammable.

Back