Damn, I think I am now officially a Warmoth Fanboy... who else is?

alexreinhold

So ever since discovering my passion for building guitars, I apparently talk so much about "Warmoth here, Warmoth there..." that a bandmate a) succumbed to having a Warmoth guitar built by me and b) got me this in return for my battle vest (hint: all the way at the bottom):
PS: I know there's a guy with a tattoo - who else has some fanboy/girlhood to show :turtle:?

IMG-20210808-200455.jpg

see above - fanboy/girlhood. Or maybe fanperson or fan? Pretty sure BroccoliRob can help with that...

rick2 said:
What word do they use in German?

There are two answers to that:
1) our language has mostly stopped progressing since Hollywood became cool many decades ago. So our word would be "Fanboy" lol
2) you could replace it with a more uncommon pluralistic term like Fanatiker (fanatics) where Fanatiker used to be gender neutral if the group referred to included both genders (like fanaticos in Spanish). If it was only female fanatics it would have been Fanatikerinnen (like fanaticas in Spanish). However, very recent reforms have introduced to so-called "gender-star" and now the correct term is Fanatiker*innen. Not kidding - it's actually a HUGE part of the campaigning of the national election in September.

That said you guys have it easy given that you neither have gender options for terms like Pilot or Fanatic or Guitarist. Neither do you have gender specific articles. For example, in German "the pickup" (der Tonabnehmer) is male, "the guitar" (die Gitarre) is female and "the guitar pedal" is neutral (das Gitarrenpedal).

Wow, this thread has quickly gone off-topic haha

alexreinhold said:
see above - fanboy/girlhood. Or maybe fanperson or fan? Pretty sure BroccoliRob can help with that...

ive heard both fan boy and fangirl used many many times but I kinda like the sound of fanperson lol

alexreinhold said:
rick2 said:
What word do they use in German?

There are two answers to that:
1) our language has mostly stopped progressing since Hollywood became cool many decades ago. So our word would be "Fanboy" lol
2) you could replace it with a more uncommon pluralistic term like Fanatiker (fanatics) where Fanatiker used to be gender neutral if the group referred to included both genders (like fanaticos in Spanish). If it was only female fanatics it would have been Fanatikerinnen (like fanaticas in Spanish). However, very recent reforms have introduced to so-called "gender-star" and now the correct term is Fanatiker*innen. Not kidding - it's actually a HUGE part of the campaigning of the national election in September.

That said you guys have it easy given that you neither have gender options for terms like Pilot or Fanatic or Guitarist. Neither do you have gender specific articles. For example, in German "the pickup" (der Tonabnehmer) is male, "the guitar" (die Gitarre) is female and "the guitar pedal" is neutral (das Gitarrenpedal).

Wow, this thread has quickly gone off-topic haha

yo das crazy (get it?)

Language is bonkers i love it

How about

A Warmoth Fanny

It's got a nice ring to it.

Works for other things, a Guitar Fanny?  :guitarplayer2:

A enthusiast of a certain all female early 70s rock outfit?

A Fanny Fanny

:turtle:

Ich bin ein Fanatiker*innen - it could be the start of something big or perhaps not...I have a couple of Warmoth stickers that are unused.

i'll venmo $50 US Dollars to the first member to get a big warmoth logo and turtle tramp stamp tat (tattoo).

Speaking of tats, i tried to have my bud give me a neck tattoo at the first post-vaccine party we were at but when I passed out he gave me a tattoo of my neck on my chest. it's like, bro, i wanted a tattoo ON my neck not OF my neck. now I gotta have 'im turn this into a giraffe (i call em dinosaur cows) tatt, but i was gonna get one of those anyway so I guess he just expedited the timeline

And another thing how are unicorns fake but giraffes real? kno what i mean? what's more believable: a horse with a horn, or a camel-moose-leopard hybrid with a 20 ft neck?

--side not, I would totally purchase a branded warmoth fanny pack

while as dope and supafly as that tat is, its way too far south to be a tramp stamp and thus ineligible for my offer

stratamania said:
Ich bin ein Fanatiker*innen - it could be the start of something big or perhaps not...I have a couple of Warmoth stickers that are unused.

Yeah, rolls over the tongue, huh?  :icon_scratch:

The Aaron said:
That's not my leg, BTW.

Which begs the question: If you had to tattoo your leg or the general tramp stamp area, would you prefer the Warmoth turtle or a portrait of Matthias Jabs? Also would you prefer the leg or the general tramp stamp area?

BroccoliRob said:
i'll venmo $50 US Dollars to the first member to get a big warmoth logo and turtle tramp stamp tat (tattoo).

I'll match BroccoliRob's offer under the exact same terms.

I just joined this morning to post a pic for a member .
My wife said you're a warmoth fanboy lol. I said no , then she said you've spent at least $6,000. With them this year and aren't you ordering another neck soon ? Omg I guess I am ! Actually put together two warmth strats so many years ago I don't remember when . There long gone but still have a all rosewood warmoth telecaster from back then . I'm left handed and want something different and of quality , so glad warmoth is there for me

Attachments

• IMG_20200102_210003.jpg
    IMG_20200102_210003.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 105
That is a beautiful guitar. I love the laminated body stripes.

Anyways, I kind of doubt anyone makes their way to the forum unless they are pretty big fans!  :laughing3:  :eek:ccasion14:

I know I personally won't ever buy a pre-made guitar ever again. The one I just built is nicer than any guitar I've ever played, and it's set perfectly for me. Plus it's too much fun choosing your own top and finish, binding, etc.  :cool01:

Back