Creative, technical, and talented, but lacking emotion IMO.

What do ya'll think.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJy4xoHMXA0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJy4xoHMXA0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Matt Rach is actually a pretty good player. I've seen him on a number of 'best guitarist' competitions.

But I have to agree with STDC.  Creative, yes, but I'm not feeling it.

:-\

Holy freaking crap, the kid in the turquoise shirt needs to comb his fudging hair!
Did he just roll out of bed?

I have to agree with y'all..  not very exiting.

was that first kid the one that was all over youtube with Canon Rock??
I really can't listen to that song anymore... :tard:

Mattrach is good - but look for his version of Johnnny B. Goode. It's a sacrilege. Made me never want to hear anything he did ever again.

Y'all are hataz.  That guy can PLAY!  I would love to be able to play like that.  :party07:

dbw said:
Y'all are hataz.  That guy can PLAY!  I would love to be able to play like that.   :party07:

that is also true.. he is still way better than me :)

Hey isn't that Frodo Baggins on guitar?

I liked it - it was funny in it's own way, and therefore interesting.

There is no feeling, but I wasn't expecting any in the 1st place.

So, if there's no feeling, then at least be interesting somehow...

Yeah, maybe the dude can wangle his dangle...but I don't care.
Isn't Desecration a felony?

ok for real...why throw teh "circus music" in there too?  :icon_scratch:

Game is Lame.

The guy in the hat was a better player, more solid in my opinion. Looked like he was trying to grab the tremolo bar at times, guess he should have grabbed the guitar that had one.  :doh:

The second guy was better in pretty much every way, but too metal.

The first guy wasn't pleasant to listen to.  Very "young" playing.  He was being very obvious in his attempt to be flashy, but he doesn't really understand the instrument.  Plus he was making a lot of typical mistakes like rushing tremolo etc.  His tapping was boring and repetitive.  And what the heck was he doing at 4:25?  Sorry, if he did anything like that in my band, he'd be shown the door.

Death by Uberschall said:
The guy in the hat was a better player, more solid in my opinion. Looked like he was trying to grab the tremolo bar at times, guess he should have grabbed the guitar that had one.  :doh:
A definate case of "I should've had a Floyd"..... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
Death by Uberschall said:
A definate case of "I should've had a Floyd"..... :laughing7:

:doh:

This is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUrTEcllXM&feature=channel

I wish I had his energy... but it's mostly one of those cases -
"I wish I could play like that, then  - I wouldn't." :party07:

Fender has a bunch of these guys running around doing demos, I guess it's a Career in the Music Business of sorts. There's a guy named Greg Koch who is convinced he's hilarious (he's not) and a brilliant musician (I don't think he's ever played an original note in his life....)  Well, it beats selling heroin to shoolchildren (maybe) or flippin' burgers (surely).

That Canon Rock is a shocker. People standing around looking disinterested, he's trying harder and harder to impress and getting deeper and deeper into the faster technical aspects of showmanship rather than just relaxing a bit and concentrating on presenting the melody.

This one's got him doing much better than a lot of the other vid clips he has posted. He's using a classical guitar and playing in that style. Does a very good job of it too, save for the heavy handed strumming in some parts. Looks a difficult piece to perform. I actually think, from this vid clip, he'd be a much better classical guitarist than electric rock/pop guitarist. Becuase he has to work intensely to a manuscript there's little room for his 'funny buggers' routine that he does on electric guitar and the acoustic guitar is harder to get the ringing tones out of. Those sort of restrictions work for him, imho.
He might be living proof that someone who was trained classically cannot loosen up and let the passion through on rock/blues/pop stuff. I hated listening to some Euro rock music that has been made over the years for that very reason (technically brilliant, but because of the precision, lacked breathing space or any great dynamics other than presenting the music note perfect :icon_tongue:).
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzWe_yUMaA&feature=PlayList&p=6A3E63B0788BF103&index=3[/youtube]

Back