Couple of Tele's - Dragon-Caster is finished.

Toadlc

First one is finished. Mahogany body with flame maple top.

tele.jpg

2908999185_180eb51c4f.jpg

2908999207_e82e318264.jpg

2893098990_85aed3f55f_m.jpg

2893099310_1b91ed47ac.jpg

Next is one in process.

Dragon111.jpg

Dragontint.jpg

Be happy to hear your thoughts.  :rock-on:

I love them both!  I'm the worlds biggest Tortoiseshell fan, so good choice there!  There were some guys here talking very recently about putting graphics on their guitars, so I'm sure they would love to hear about yours, unless that is painted on, in which case....Nice Job!  Very old-timey-tattoo looking!  I would also like to hear what kind of PU's are in each of those.

guitlouie said:
There were some guys here talking very recently about putting graphics on their guitars, so I'm sure they would love to hear about yours, unless that is painted on, in which case....Nice Job!  Very old-timey-tattoo looking!  I would also like to hear what kind of PU's are in each of those.

The graphic is fabric. It is attached with decoupage glue, covered with sanding sealer & sanded (many times) then nitro. I haven't decided completely on pickups for it yet but I have a hot rail in the bridge right now and probably something hot in the neck. This will be set up for playing slide.

The mahogany bodied Tele has Bill Lawrence Keystones in it. These are great pickups. They have a nice warm quality to them but retain the Tele twang. Much more range than stock Fender pups.

Toadlc said:
guitlouie said:
There were some guys here talking very recently about putting graphics on their guitars, so I'm sure they would love to hear about yours, unless that is painted on, in which case....Nice Job!  Very old-timey-tattoo looking!  I would also like to hear what kind of PU's are in each of those.

The graphic is fabric. It is attached with decoupage glue, covered with sanding sealer & sanded (many times) then nitro.

Holy crap that looks good!  I really really need to try that technique on a guitar.

This is the second decoupage guitar that I really liked.

Those are both great. Nice to hear about the keystones, they are going on my next build. Hey who made the dragon tele body? It's not a warmoth rout.

Blue313 said:
Nice Tele's!   :glasses9:

Which bridge saddles are those?

The mahogany has a set of aftermarket compensated saddles I got off Ebay. Don't remember the brand. The other guitar has saddles from a Highway One Tele.

You got a couple of seriously sharp looking guitars there man.  Good work.  :icon_thumright:

Toadlc said:
I got the Dragon-caster finished. here's a few photos.

Dragon2-21a.jpg

dragon2-21d.jpg

dragon2-21c.jpg

dragon2-21b-1.jpg

Man, you blew it.

You should have told everyone you hand-drew that design.

We would have made you "design king". Just kidding.

That thing is flat stunning...

Back