Conductive paint?...

T.L.

Have any of you guys used conductive paint in the control cavity of your Warmoth guitar?
Where do you get that stuff?...

FYI, you don't need to solder the copper tape that Warmoth sells, it'll be continuous if you just overlap it.

even though it's not required for electrical connectivity, I recommend soldering the copper tape for longevity purposes. eventually that glue is going to weaken ... it may be a year or two, but it will

soldering the seams also has a more professional appearance and demonstrates the care taken in details that are unseen.

all the best,

R

dbw said:
FYI, you don't need to solder the copper tape that Warmoth sells, it'll be continuous if you just overlap it.
The adhesive is not condusive on the copper shielding tape. You have to make solder connections.

The inside of a control cavity done well with copper tape looks really, really cool when you're done.

Gregg said:
dbw said:
The adhesive is not condusive on the copper shielding tape. You have to make solder connections.

Really?  I'm getting good continuity between various bits of copper tape and I didn't make any solder connections...  Gregg, you have access to the stuff; take a small scrap and stick it to a larger piece and check the resistance.  I think you'll find it's continuous.

Back