Can I use slightly smaller saddles on my Strat bridge plate?

arealken

I have a bridge plate that takes vintage 11.3 MM saddles, which I do not have. Can I use 11.0 MM saddles ( which I have) without an unresolvable issue? Just a quick question, thanks ( I did google, but found nothing).

Assuming the screws fit, you could use them, but you will probably have potentially unwanted lateral movement.

In case you want to respond to the last question you asked, please note that the last question, you asked, has also been moved to general discussion, as has this post.

Questions belong in General Discussion, not Tips and Tricks.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=34235.msg472834#msg472834

The string spacing will stay the same, but you'll have gaps between your saddles, which could lead to the aforementioned lateral movement, especially when bending.

I've used GraphTech String Saver saddles (10.5mm) on a bridge designed for 10.8mm.

There is a small gap between the saddles, but I've never noticed it causing any issues.

Apologies for the double post, but I should also add that I tend to play very lightly with thin picks, so perhaps I'm not hitting the strings hard enough to cause lateral movement of the saddles - but it may be more of an issue if you play more aggressively with heavy picks.

Back