Camphor Burl Strat Reprise

1975strat

Every guitar has a story and this on is no exception.  Back in April I selected a unique Camphor Burl topped Strat.  About two weeks after the order was placed I got a call and an email from Warmoth telling me there was a quality issue with the body and that the top had already been applied and could not be reused.

I was very disappointed that the top I chose was gone. They asked me to choose a second top so they could continue my build.  If you look at the post http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22015.0 you will see that guitar.

Fast forward to last week, I found out that the good folks at Warmoth had repaired the original body and I had opportunity to acquire it.  They explained to me that they were not certain that it could be repaired and they didn't want to hold up the build while they attempt to repair it.  They worked with me to get this body into my hands and I can't tell you how happy I am that they went out of their way to make me happy. 

Thank Warmoth!

So here is the picture of the original one I ordered.    Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Stratorginal.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 522
That's a fine-looking body. I'm glad that ended up working out well for you. Long time coming, though.

That's a lifetime keeper! I'd love to have seen that in nitro as it ages (I'm prolly in the minority, here). ENJOY  :icon_thumright:

That's an awesome story, and an even better result!

So the real question is, did you end up with TWO awesome Burl strats?

Back