Burst color comparison?

pesape

I'm planning out my first order with Warmoth and am trying to figure out the body paint color.  I was originally hoping to get a swamp ash solid body tele but with a 69 thinline control cavity route (I originally wanted a solid body that looked like my American Reissue 69 Thinline - without the f hole).  I'm waiting on a response back from them, but I think I've changed my mind to go with a normal tele control cavity but with a f hole pickguard.  I'm debating between tobacco burst and black-brown-yellow burst.  I'm also planning on doing an ivoroid top binding.  As well as a roasted maple neck/fingerboard. 

I'm little concerned the burst body would be a little too close in color to the neck, but I guess I'll be fine with that (or could always change it for a regular maple one in the future).  Ideally I would try to find an ivoroid pickguard to match the binding (they had this on the Working Man's tele video that I saw), but at the least, I'll find something off-white/ivory to be close. 

So on the specific burst color... I've seen the video where they go over the burst options, and they do specifically show both black-brown-yellow and tobacco burst (which is brown-yellow), but I'm trying to find more examples of the finished products.  I did some google'ing and found a few pictures, but they seem to be a bit across the board.  I would be happy with tobacco burst if it was a dark brown on the edges.  Some pictures it is, some it is quite a bit lighter.

Does anyone have pictures of both tobacco burst and black-brown-yellow burst that they could share?

Black red yellow sunburst.
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29223.msg413739#msg413739

Did you try a couple searches here?  There's a search function up on top.  Most people here are on team tobacco.

rick2 said:
Black red yellow sunburst.
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29223.msg413739#msg413739

Did you try a couple searches here?  There's a search function up on top.  Most people here are on team tobacco.

Oh thank you.  I didn't see that up there.  I think I'm definitely leaning back towards tobacco burst now, but there does seem to be a lot of differences in the level of darkness.  I wonder if you can request to have a heavier amount of brown on the edges to make it a very dark brown.  That looks better to my eye than some of the lighter finishes.

Back