Building a Flat Pedalboard for my G-System

Well looks like this thread has come to an end as I just sold the G-System and the Nova Drive. (Needs must at times :)

I still have the plywood and aluminium U channel, for when I settle out what I am going to end up with over time.

Well here we are over two years later and it looks like this thread has a reason to come back to life.

GSiB1 by stratamania, on Flickr

Who knows TC may be about to bring a new G-System out but I was able to get hold of this black version, completely new for a good price. There is something about the G-System that for me is just iconic.

Congratulations on your new toy! Looks like a nice unit. I like the switches, and it seems to have some good I/O.

Looks like a great toy. How does it interface with your stomp boxes? Do you preset them then plug them into the controller to be turned on or off there?

Rgand said:
Looks like a great toy. How does it interface with your stomp boxes? Do you preset them then plug them into the controller to be turned on or off there?

There are four loops and an insert loop. The insert loop is for inserting an amp's preamp when using the four cable method. There are no drive effects in the G-System so the four loops can be used for analogue drive pedals. Optionally one of the four loops could be used with a second amp for 7 cable method.

There is also a pedal called a Nova Drive that is now discontinued that can store presets although it is analogue and be connected via Midi and the G-System recognises and works with it. (I just sourced one on Reverb and should have it in a week or two)

Here is a video that gives the idea.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/1v21t4J8Ia4[/youtube]

Cool. Sounds like you can really adjust your effects easily. Thanks for the video link. I'm out the door right now but will watch it when I get back.

Rgand said:
Cool. Sounds like you can really adjust your effects easily. Thanks for the video link. I'm out the door right now but will watch it when I get back.

No worries. The cool thing is also in a preset you have instant access to the effects in that preset to be able to turn them on and off as needed. It is an older design but I keep being drawn to them.

Here is another video. This is the same as the one I have.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ArbKxh7bNdY[/youtube]

Congrats on the new toy, looks like Christmas in the UK! Cool video too, not everyday I get to see someone play a Hagstrom Swede in a pedal demo.  :icon_thumright:

Back