Building a "Dream Machine" Strat

Frank67

Dear fellow Warmoth enthusiasts!

I have been in love with Warmoth guitars for almost a decade. During lock down I got fascinated with the old Schecter dream machines as played by Mark Knopfler on the famous Alchemy concert. I found an engineer in Germany who makes authentic replicas of these fancy brass pick guards. So I couldn't resist building a guitar around it. And while I was at it, I thought I could add some bling. Super stoked with the result - and love the sounds, in particular the clean sounds.

Here are some pictures:
vqXVBv6.jpg

MFnkRA1.jpg

And a video about the build with a few sounds (it has 26 different sounds)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCY5WBeP0vw[/youtube]

And this is the guitar in my Warmoth family. Despite having a fairly insane guitar collection, my Warmoth guitars are the ones that get played all the time. Couldn't be happier.
GulUgIs.jpg

Fantastic! I really enjoyed the video: great pictures and recap of the build, great tone and playing on the soundtrack.
:yourock:

Thank you!

There is nothing really green in the guitar (or any of my guitars). It was photographed against a green screen and the green removal might not have worked perfectly everywhere, especially since the surface is shiny and reflects the green background. But ensure you that that there is no green in the guitar.

Thanks!

Dealing with Ingo was a pleasure and the hardware is executed to perfection. I am highly pleased.

That was a fine video. It showed the process concisely. The tone is really good. Nice playing, too. Great job.  :icon_thumright:

Thank you very much!
I am glad you liked it!
When I get a new guitar I am waiting for some music to „fall out of it“. This is what fell out of this guitar and then I made a backing track around it.

... I really love what Warmoth gives us :)

Back