Buddy Guy absolutely kicks ass!

jackthehack

Epic Member
Just got back from the Buddy Guy/B.B. King gig at the Midland Theater in KC; if this show is coming to your town it's a must see, but wish Buddy was headlining instead of warming up. Per his rhythm player they'll be doing a solo tour later this year...

Junior Wells/Buddy Guy Hoodoo Man Blues...... great record....

I agree with the title of this thread 100%.  I saw Buddy at the Durham blues festival here in  NC a few years back.  Jawdropping.

Yeah! I have seen Buddy twice. Each time I sat about 3 rows or 3 people from the stage. He is a great performer/entertainer and a fabulous player.

The first time  John Campbell( R.I.P.) opened for him and he was getting a really ripping sound out of his gibson acoustic that sounded like a strat. Though I thought the guy looked like satan at first he put on a great show. http://www.devilinmycloset.net/john_campbell_home.htm

The second time Chris Duarte opened for him. Wow! Another really great performer.

I would love to see Buddy again. Thanks for the heads up. I will have to see if he is comin' round. I have never seen B.B. . He was here for his 80th birthday but I did not have the opportunity to go. I like B.B. but not nearly as much as Buddy. He's got to be getting up there in years too.

He's got dates on www.buddyguy.com, but they aren't broken out as to solo or opening dates for the current tour with B.B. King.

You've got to be kidding. I've seen him a couple times with my dad, who has seen Buddy six or seven times over the last fifteen years. I have been lukewarm on him at each of his shows I've seen (they were more recent) and my dad has been really disappointed in the past few years.

He went to that Jimi tribute concert that came around recently, which included Buddy. Said he was just wanking the whole time, had his ego out of control. Buddy refused to play hendrix songs.... at the Hendrix tribute show.....

Buddy is one of my dad's very faves, and he has sworn to never see him live again.

I saw Buddy Guy a few years back in a smallish theatre in Sydney when he was in Australia on tour & so glad I did.

Great band working for him, sorry no idea who was his players.

I'm glad I saw him then, when I was a more mature player. If I had seen what he could do with a guitar, when I was younger, I probably would have given up playing - he made difficult things seem so easy dammit. :sad1: :laughing7:

But people I was with, had seen him on other trips to Australia and were worried if he was going to play or muck around. Their comments were basically that he was inconsistent in his performances. They were relieved he actually played with some fire and passion that night.

Back