Black Korina/Wenge neck.

KorinaCrazy

I love the feel of this Wenge neck. This is a short scale Z bass, plays  so smooth. Warm with lots of mids.

Attachments

• 100_7516.JPG
    100_7516.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 773
  • 10307039_649352621780489_1979639861_n.jpg
    10307039_649352621780489_1979639861_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 710
Spectacular figuring on that korina. Is it a rosewood fingerboard? And how do you have the Bartolini wired? That's a lot of knobs for one pickup. :)

Thanks!!!!  It is a rosewood neck. I have the pup wired for a volume & three band eq. Not a fan of the stacked knobs. I'll be getting another this week with a canary FB, complete different figuring.... love me some Black Korina!!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Nice! That's a sweet combination of woods. Dig the three-band EQ - I'll bet that gives you a lot of tonal flexibility.

Is the new bass also going to have a wenge neck? Same pickup or something different?

I recently finished a korina body/wenge neck/ebony fretboard with a norstrand np5 pickup so I am all excited about korina too.  :eek:ccasion14:

misterfinn said:
Nice! That's a sweet combination of woods. Dig the three-band EQ - I'll bet that gives you a lot of tonal flexibility.

Is the new bass also going to have a wenge neck? Same pickup or something different?

I recently finished a korina body/wenge neck/ebony fretboard with a norstrand np5 pickup so I am all excited about korina too.  :eek:ccasion14:

I really want a wenge/ebony. I played one once, really nice combo. This one is wenge/canary with a Seymour Duncan pup. Do you have your baby's pic. up?  :headbang: :rock-on:

no final pics yet - the edge of the nut cracked off on the low b side so i'm in the throes of replacing it. i can't find anybody who makes a black pre-cut nut sized for a 5-string jazz bass so i'm having to do it from scratch.  :-\

the out of box pics are in this thread: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24274

misterfinn said:
no final pics yet - the edge of the nut cracked off on the low b side so i'm in the throes of replacing it. i can't find anybody who makes a black pre-cut nut sized for a 5-string jazz bass so i'm having to do it from scratch.  :-\

the out of box pics are in this thread: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24274

That'a a bummer. I think the black hardware will be way more classy, nice choice. WOW!!!! Love the stained Black Korina!!!!! I've always liked the walnut look, & that looks really sweet.

Back