Black Dyed VIP

nexrex

Hey all, i'm new here, but this is actually my second warmoth "project".

Here's my flame maple top VIP I recently finished putting together.

i like it! very clean. cool guitar. just curious, are those inlays the PRS stickers i've seen on ebay? if so how well do they work? i've always heard they work amazingly well.

Specs are as follows: :headbang:

Body: Mahogany (Hollow body)
Top: Flame Maple with black dye
Pickups: Seymour Duncan 59's, wired up with 1 vol and 1 tone wiring kit with vintage Paper in oil 047uf capacitor
Bridge: Gotoh WIlkinson VS100

Neck: Maple, with jet black ebony fretboard and TUSQ XL nut
Inlays: MOP dots (the birds are stick on, but i will probably do some proper one later on)
Tuners: Gotoh Magnum Locks

Thanks, they are the PRS bird inlays from ebay. They are really thin, and stick well.

Insane guitar man, not a fan of the F hole but it still looks good on this. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, thinking about painting some matte black inside of the F-hole wood. Make it a little less obvious. Or am I crazy?

Really nice stuff! Keep that mahogany as it is and let the turtle dude play on :headbang:

I wouldn't paint the F-Hole, it looks good as is, plus I see a little turtle in there, thats way cool

Alfang said:
I wouldn't paint the F-Hole, it looks good as is, plus I see a little turtle in there, thats way cool

+1000

Nice guitar! The inlay stickers are interesting and look good (I was thinking it was custom at first). I definitely think the natural f-hole should be kept. Turtle dude!  :headbang1:

Back