Birdseye Birdseye Birdseye

elstoof

Just had my thinline body delivered, Birdseye maple on mahogany back. I couldn't wait to run a dry fit with the neck which I've had for a month or so so it's already had its tung oil treatment, Birdseye on Birdseye, on Birdseye, I like Birdseye so I went a little crazy on Birdseye. Still need to finish the body which I'll get started on shortly, my first Warmoth build and I'm stoked with their stuff. A good thing too because I've got 2 more projects on order currently :glasses10:

Edit to add how it is now

E1-E9-B6-FE-391-D-416-F-AA1-F-73-DAEDB1115-B.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 365
Sweet, this will be stunning! Any chance of an off-angle shot of the body where the Birdseye and Mahogany can be seen together? What sort of finish will it be receiving?

Thanks, I’ve been playing with stains since ordering, but yellow seems to work best on Birdseye. I’ll be French polishing so I’m currently weighing up the shade of shellac, leaning towards a darker finish of yellow/amber. Also need to figure out where to put the switch, I want a LP style toggle rather than the usual blade. Probably go in the middle. It’s bound with cream but I’ll post an angled shot, along with the two colours in contemplating once I’m at the computer - can’t post them from my phone for some reason

I kinda prefer the lighter yellow but perhaps the darker gives better contrast with the maple neck and cream pickups

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
I concur the darker amber will be a better contrast with the cream. Although that said there is nothing stopping you doing a kind of sunburst or gradation between the two ambers...

Great work on the finish, that is a stunning top. Birdseye maple is an underrated player in the guitar wood scene! My strat has a birdseye maple neck and it looks great.  :eek:ccasion14:

Busy day for me along with the pink assembly, finished off the copper scratch plate I wanted to do for this. The copper’s just been sanded so once it goes off a bit it should darken nicely

E1-E9-B6-FE-391-D-416-F-AA1-F-73-DAEDB1115-B.jpg

Back