Bigsby telecaster with a special neck

trevordj

First post here!

I am hoping this will be somewhat of a special guitar. My father, a career musician, recently died. He left a bunch of guitars behind, many of which my siblings, none of whom played the guitar, decided to keep. I am the sole remaining musician in the family and unfortunately did not inherit a guitar from my father's estate. While going through his estate I was able to grab some parts and will finish the project telecaster he started. I have a beautiful set of vintage fender telecaster pickups and the B5 Bigsby

I purchased a Warmoth showcase neck about 2 years ago. I didn't have a specific plan at the time but it was right around when some new restrictions on ebony were coming down the pike so I had to grab this neck when I could. It is a Brazilian ebony neck with an ebony fretboard. It is absolutely beautiful. It has a 10-16" compound radius, modern construction, GraphTech tusq earvana nut, and standard thin shape with stainless frets. I think this will be a perfect neck for the Bigsby telecaster. I installed some Schaller DaVinci tuners in chrome for good measure.

The body just arrived yesterday. It is a standard telecaster body with contoured heel and forearm along with the tummy cut. There are no string through holes given it will be adorned with the Bigsby tremolo. The wood is maple and it is finished in gloss shell pink. I never thought I would go for a pink guitar but I think it will suit the guitar nicely. I am waiting on the parts for the tone circuit and white pick guard but I have already installed the bridge pickup which is housed in a mastery bridge. I also installed the Bigsby as soon as I opened the box yesterday.

I should have everything finished up in the next week or so. I will post pictures when complete.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to the forum. That's going to be a beautiful Tele. What a nice way to honor your dad. A Bigsby is sooo classic. Looking forward to more photos. Don't feel you have to complete it before posting. We're photo junkies here. :icon_biggrin:

Welcome to the forum, Brother. Sorry for your loss. That looks like a it's going to be a beautiful guitar, and a great way to honor to your dad. Keep us posted with progress reports, and of course, more pix.

Back