August 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the August 2017 Guitar of the Month contest!  August's contest will be "owner/non-professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is August's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until exactly 7 days from now (please check this post's date and time), so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Owner or other non-professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 DMRACO

Body:
Custom Purple Heart and Ambrosia Maple 12 piece body.  (Concept borrowed from B3Guy)
Duncan pickups
Brass mounting plates and Neck plate from Doug
Wilkinson Bridge
GFS Brass tuners
Gloss Nitro finish
Single volume and three way toggle.
Custom LED lights that offer over a dozen different colors.

Neck:
Warmoth Standard thin maple Warhead neck with Purpleheart fret board and Gold frets and abalone dot inlay
Satin poly finish on back and Gloss Poly on headstock.

BHGEczc.jpg

9xP4boF.jpg

Guitar #2 2zee

The "Perfect Mirror"

Neck :
- modified Fender maple/rosewood
- 25 1/2" scale, standard thin profile, 7.25 radius, vintage construction
- TUSQ XL Nut 1 5/8"
- 6105 frets(nickle)
- Gotoh vintage Kluson type tuners
- perfect mirror decal
- clear gloss nitrocellulose lacquer

Body :
- Warmoth alder 2P 3lbs,11oz
- Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge Assembly for lefty
- tremolo springs allocated with Raw Vintage and Callaham
- chrome plated brass 2mm neck plate
- stainless steel neck attachment screws
- Schaller straplocks

Color :
- hand painted on fiesta red
(all paint specially mixed in reference to remaining fragment of the original guitar)

Electronics :
- Lindy Fralin Woodstock69set pickups
- OAK 5Way switch
- 1 x vol, 2 x tone (front & mid, rear)
- CTS250K lefty vintage potentiometers
- Montreux Retrovibe Caps "F66"
- Switchcraft jack
- american cloth wire
- Kester44 solder

z8c41vf.jpg

Cuj8cpR.jpg

Guitar #3 timezon3

Details:
Body (Warmoth) -
alder with quilted maple cap
stained purple with Deft Gloss clearcoat
Fender American Standard tremolo

Electronics -
Lollar Blond pickups
wired with master volume, master tone, blender pot

Neck (Warmoth) -
modern construction, 1-3/4" nut width
purpleheart with ebony fretboard
new Supernova inlays
SS6105 frets
hipshot open-back locking tuners
no finish

aSlh8nd.jpg

5jCw7Fh.jpg

Geez Louise, is it just me or has the GOM bar been seriously raised of late? DMRACO, that is superb!

I think you're right, Verne. There's so much creativity on this forum.

I agree, unless someone has been sandbagging and not sharing their build.  Actually I think they should both win.

there are always many last minute entrees.  No one should concede yet :laughing7:

I was going to put forward my re-boded 8 string Z bass thingy, but I've just taken a look at the 2 entries...  :tard:

DMRACO said:
there are always many last minute entrees.  No one should concede yet :laughing7:

It's happened before that something shows up nobody expected. So who knows.  :glasses9:

Great works  :guitarplayer2:

Non of my DIY finish project has been really completed, so can't made submissions

Back