August 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions (7 entries)

Seeing as a couple of people have already done this, I hought I'd give you some links to my build and some more final pictures if you haven't already found them.

Build: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21347.0

Final pictures: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22279.0

Good luck to everyone. :)

Cagey said:
What's up with Mr. GOM this month? Took days to get the current entries up, and here it is past due date and mine's still not showing.

Awww keep yer knickers on!  We love ya!~  And its not like you got the entry in days before the 11th hour!~  All's well Cagey!  (and I like that green!)

Thanks! At least now my baby will get at least one vote so it doesn't have to die in despair of being loved <grin>

Stop with the acting, Cagey. I know you bribed GOM to delay yours for dramatic effect!

Some effect too. Like. ....................... BANG!!

Cagey said:
Thanks! At least now my baby will get at least one vote so it doesn't have to die in despair of being loved <grin>

Cagey, shes lovely. Reminds me of an old E Type Jaguar. :)

Fat Pete said:
Stop with the acting, Cagey. I know you bribed GOM to delay yours for dramatic effect!

The ..
file_zpsa4cbbd99.jpg

:laughing7:

Really, Kevin--I ain't buyin' that you sent your pics in early!! The exquisite drama of that beauty showin' up at the 11th hour is just too perfect...as is the guitar, by the way! Absolutely GORGEOUS, man!!

I never said I sent the pics in early. It was an 11th hour entry, but not on purpose. I had forgotten to make the covers for the control cavities, and that ended up being a lot less fun and more time-consuming than one might imagine. Plus, I had to make two sets, as I managed to screw up the first one of each. But, I wanted cream to match the binding and nobody sells them that way.

Cagey,
First a late but heartfelt congratulations on your GOTM win. :eek:ccasion14:  I will admit that I was not warming up to her at first. 
Nothing to do with the geetar itself, because the canary neck goes great with that body.  Plus, I am a big fan of Bigsby's.
I am just not a green geetar type of guy! 
However, I have to tell you that as I have been forced to look at her up in the corner every time I am on the forum, I am really starting to dig her.
That dark green really goes with the canary neck and your skills in binding the L5 are quite commendable and I am envious!
Great build and I know she will bring you pleasure for years to come...

Thanks!

If you saw the build thread, you know my initial run at the binding didn't work at first. I'm generally not a green guitar kinda guy, either. I've also been anti-Bigsby for years. But, here's where belonging to a great forum like this pays off - there's a lot of generous talent floating around here. Several people made recommendations that I ended up following, without which this guitar wouldn't be nearly as nice as it is. I took a leap of faith and I'm glad I did.

Cagey said:
Thanks!

If you saw the build thread, you know my initial run at the binding didn't work at first. I'm generally not a green guitar kinda guy, either. I've also been anti-Bigsby for years. But, here's where belonging to a great forum like this pays off - there's a lot of generous talent floating around here. Several people made recommendations that I ended up following, without which this guitar wouldn't be nearly as nice as it is. I took a leap of faith and I'm glad I did.

Funny thing is one of the reasons I voted for yours was, besides it being a truly beautiful and more than deserving piece of work, I thought you deserved some extra credit for the un-Cagey-like Bigsby decision. :icon_biggrin:

Hehe! Well, normally, I'd never use a Bigsby. It's not a good design. But, Pelagard suggested it and the more I thought about it, the better-looking it got in my mind. There's no denying that they're pretty little rascals. Then I saw a green-topped Gretsch Duo-Jet with a Bigsby-style tailpiece and that clinched it...

gretsch-duo-jet-w-bigsby-cadillac-green-large.jpg

For as much as I rail about vibratos, I don't really use them that much. I'd just rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it. My collection is currently about evenly divided between hardtails and the wang bar equipped, so one more one way or the other isn't going to give me any grief. In this case, being a fat-ass body, it sorta needed something to fill up space, so here we are. I think it worked out well.

Back