AT1 Pickup - Thick Pick up

Doughboy said:
I assure you kind sir, that I checked the wiring MANY times, even going so far as to by pass everything & wire it directly by passing everything & the problem persist.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you think what you did is right, you can check it a thousand times and it'll still seem right.

You may need a different set of eyes on that unit. Somebody who won't be affected by confirmation bias. Don't tell them the problem, let them look at what you've done and draw their own conclusions. Because, really, it sounds like a wiring problem. Those pickups and that wood combination should not return the results you're getting.

Cagey said:
Doughboy said:
I assure you kind sir, that I checked the wiring MANY times, even going so far as to by pass everything & wire it directly by passing everything & the problem persist.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you think what you did is right, you can check it a thousand times and it'll still seem right.

You may need a different set of eyes on that unit. Somebody who won't be affected by confirmation bias. Don't tell them the problem, let them look at what you've done and draw their own conclusions. Because, really, it sounds like a wiring problem. Those pickups and that wood combination should not return the results you're getting.

I know what you're saying, as I started doubting myself as well, so I had my luthier take a look & he said everything was fine.

I'm going to try the old 250k switch & hope for the best.

Back