Aqua Marine Soloist

exaN

Build thread

I had been looking to replace the body on my Warmoth Soloist for a while and I jumped on this one when I saw it. I also wanted to change the pickups to a DiMarzio Gravity Storm pair and so far I'm really happy, I can't put this guitar down. They have a much higher output and low end than the Air Classics I used to have. You can really hear single coil qualities when picking even with the coil split off. With coil split on, it gives a slight treble boost without lowering the output much at all.

I'm waiting on a custom neckplate from Doug and also thinking about a custom headstock graphic. I thought getting it laser engraved might look great but have yet to find a place that can fit a guitar neck in their machine.
And as always, thanks to the community for all the help on this build :eek:ccasion14:.

Specs:
Code:
[b]Body[/b]
-Quilt maple on black korina
-Aqua marine dye, transparent blue back, gloss
-Natural masked accent
-1 volume, 1 push push tone (coil split)
-DiMarzio Gravity Storm Bridge
-DiMarzio Gravity Storm Neck
-Schaller Floyd tremolo

[b]Neck[/b]
-Dark indian rosewood on roasted maple
-22 SS6150 frets
-Graph Tech nut
-Schaller mini locking tuners

zSnRczU.jpg

2vnpecE.jpg

3bkMn4C.jpg

j4u3MgC.jpg

Quick demo using Helix Native which I'm new to and still learning how to use:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/amisson/soloist-demo/[/soundcloud]

Stunning! Great work capturing that gorgeous figuring in the photo, not always an easy task. And thanks for the audio, sounds great! I always enjoy getting to hear the guitars while I drool over the pictures, kind of a sensory feast  :party07:

Thanks guys!

-VB- said:
Stunning! Great work capturing that gorgeous figuring in the photo, not always an easy task. And thanks for the audio, sounds great! I always enjoy getting to hear the guitars while I drool over the pictures, kind of a sensory feast  :party07:

I'm lucky my SO got some studio lighting for her work recently so I'm taking advantage of it :).

That is, quite simply, one of the nicest looking guitars I've ever seen. Not just from Warmoth parts. Period. Beautiful work, man!

That neck plate really takes it over the edge!  Get your sig ready for the banner, son!

Appreciate the kind words guys! All that's left is figuring out the right decal to put on the headstock. I still haven't found a place that has a big enough machine to laser engrave a guitar headstock, might have to settle for a regular decal.

Back