Anyone tell me about KGWagner?

AllmanFan

First post here.

Kevin Wagner replied to my search for a tech to refret my 57 AVRI over on TGP and he seems very knowledgeable and legitimate.  I asked for some references and he recommended I come here and ask for comments regarding members’ experience with him and his work.  I’m pretty sure I’ll go with him for the work but thought I’d reach out before sending a guitar of significant sentimental value to someone I don’t know.  Thanks everyone for the help.

A lot of people on this forum use him and are totally satisfied. Although I haven't needed to have him work on anything yet, I know the day is coming when I will. Then I won't hesitate.

He's the guy most people turn to with all things guitar and Warmoth related. He's known as Cagey here.

He assembled my guitar, Quty Pie, for me, and did topnotch work.  The control cavity was immaculate, the fretwork unassailable. 

6182795945_c13d396697_b.jpg

Awesome!  Thanks guys for the replies.  I’m very confident the work will get done correctly.  Thanks again.

Kevin worked my Jazzmaster neck, excellent job, very fair price. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Kevin replaced the nut, dressed the frets, installed inserts, and burnished the neck of my strat.  Did an awesome job.  My recently received Tele neck is getting ready to head to
him.

Total BOZO!  Ignore all his guidance. :laughing7:

giphy.gif

Cagey rocks!  Always good advise and VERY quick on the board!

Cagey is super helpful! He helped me with some setup and intonation questions I had on the fly and offered some finishing suggestions and wiring suggestions :)

Wow! Not often one gets compliments like that! Thank you very much!

Oddly enough, even having been brought up in private schools that expect you to take some things on faith, they strongly encouraged skepticism and research. That, and my father didn't believe anything he heard and very little of of what he saw, so there was always this drive to "make sure" of things. In his case, that attitude often robbed him of the opportunity to make mistakes, which has an inhibiting effect on growth/progress, but at least he was sure of what he did know.

Well when considering anything, they are at least 3 view points:
Theoretical
Practical
Reasonably Actionable

You do a great job Cagey of cutting through that muck for advise.

Despite all the tributes, sadly, Kevin is NOT The Stig. Sorry for your disappointment.  :icon_jokercolor:

Cagey did a refret + the works on a strat neck for me. He really did a fantastic job with it. I will be sending more work his way.

'Sorry, I just now saw this thread.
He did some work for me and and I was very impressed. Prices were reasonable too.

Back