Anyone have experience with Railhammer pickups?

They are excellent.  I have the anvil and the chisel humbucker.  My next build will probably be a three humbucker set, a chisel set mated with an anvil.  There are a bunch of youtube videos and their website has some videos too.  They go the gamut (my gamut) from Americana to country to hard rock to surf to jazz, and all are done well.  I don't play any heavy metal, but people seem to like them for that too, though I can't express an opinion on that since I don't go there.

You can see them in the jazzmaster build in signature.

I am considering the Hyper Vintage, I don't play metal either. Will they mount in a standard humbucker ring?

Well if the warmoth measurements for humbuckers are the same for both pickup rings and in pickguards, then you are good to go.  I just ordered the regular warmoth pickguard humbucker cut outs and the railhammers fit like a glove.  You can confirm the measurements on the railhammer website and compare it to the warmoth website. You're looking at the covered humbucker dimensions.

rick2 said:
They are excellent.  I have the anvil and the chisel humbucker.  My next build will probably be a three humbucker set, a chisel set mated with an anvil.  There are a bunch of youtube videos and their website has some videos too.  They go the gamut (my gamut) from Americana to country to hard rock to surf to jazz, and all are done well.  I don't play any heavy metal, but people seem to like them for that too, though I can't express an opinion on that since I don't go there.

You can see them in the jazzmaster build in signature.
That is a cool guitar! I am sorry you had to burn it up just to save on heating costs!

At a gig their was a guy whose car was blocking everyone, so we made an announcement that his car was on fire.  Hilarity ensued! (Not!)

PS They sound great clean or dirty.

Ok Rick2 you twisted my arm! Hyper Vintage on the way.  :icon_thumright:  Also, nowadays amps and sims have so much gain on tap you don't really need super high output pickups to achieve great distorted tone.

Limited time quick thoughts. The Hyper Vintage is a good clear sounding pickup. Lots of mids coming through and highs. Clarity is excellent. I am going to keep it and use it in a different guitar. With my basswood body it just isn't what I am looking for, almost sounds tele like in a way.

index.php
Here we go!

Attachments

• Hyper Vintage Swap.JPG
    Hyper Vintage Swap.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 74
rick2 said:
Whoa, I'm interested to see how this turns out.  You're a brave man spud.

All back together A2 installed. I will say this particular pickup was a bit of a bear to get the cover back on properly. I would not try these as your first mag swap.

Ok got it installed, tested for about 30 seconds did notice that familiar A2 kinda give. I will report back when I have more time to really check it out more. Dogs require attention!! :laughing7: But on first teeny sample, I think it was a good idea for me.

index.php

Attachments

• A2 Rail Hammer installed.JPG
    A2 Rail Hammer installed.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 73
TBurst Std said:
Let us know the tonal difference you hear.

Well it still sounds like a very clear PAF ish sorta humbucker, a bit bass shy maybe, with the A2 a bit of sweetness was added IMO. All the strings seem balanced like they say. I dig it for cleans or overdrive. Nothing groundbreaking really but definitely a keeper. Compared to a 57 classic, it holds it's own but seems more polite if you will to my crappy ears. Looks cool too!

Whoa just played for a good bit with some gain and the swapped alnico 2 Hyper Vintage is sounding even better. Thank you to single malt Rick!!

Back