Anyone get a shipping notice for April 2020 Custom Orders

SH9195

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone has received a shipping notice or order for a custom body/neck placed in April 2020?  I am waiting on a neck (no finish) from an April 20th order.  Looking forward to getting it and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!  Thanks!

I ordered a lightweight swamp ash body that had to be routed and finished on 4/12 and got it 6/12. Ordered a showcase neck and a tortoise pickguard for it on 5/19 and they shipped Monday.

I ordered a completely finished Mary Kaye body on 5/30 and got it 6/11.

So roughly 8ish weeks on the body needing a finish and routing, including their shutdown time, 1.5 weeks for showcase needing nothing, and 5 weeks for the neck.

That's quicker than I would have expected. I ordered a unfinished showcase body on 5/19, getting painted/satin finish. So maybe July is not out of the question?

I recently talked to Warmoth customer service to get a rough estimate of when I'd get my custom, unfinished neck. Apparently Warmoth got way more neck than body orders. Custom necks are running around 4 weeks behind, and body's are around 1-2 weeks behind. So, from your purchase date, add 4 weeks. Then the production is similar to what's posted on their website. 4-5 weeks for unfinished necks. :rock-on:

I'd love to call and find out more about my order, but I know they are busy, and don't want to bug them and interrupt them.
So I'll just throw myself on the floor in a temper tantrum and threaten to hold my breath  :toothy12: :laughing7:

I ordered an unfinished neck in mid-May, so I will be watching for reports of others to get an idea as to when to expect mine... As stated above, I am very anxious to get the new neck, but DO NOT want to bother the fine folks at Warmoth... I remember an independent artist once said, I can either work on your order or return your emails. I can't do both at the same time. So I always try to keep that in mind.

PS. I'm new to the forum... When will I be able to post without taking a classic rock quiz?

The biggest funnel in production right now is the fret department. Necks that need frets are queued up around the block, and our guys are working like crazy to get through them.

The Aaron said:
The biggest funnel in production right now is the fret department. Necks that need frets are queued up around the block, and our guys are working like crazy to get through them.

Thanks for the update Aaron.  I’m glad I ordered without frets (slots only) since I want to try doing my own inlay.  I’m right at the 10 week mark since ordering my neck so I’m sure it won’t be too much longer.  Hope you and the team are all well. Have a Happy 4th! 

The Aaron said:

Just curious, how are you guys attacking backlog? Seems like it would be difficult to catch up given the specialized orders and capacity restraints of both people and machines. Do you simply run 24/7 until you return to normal levels? Hope you guys are doing well, and hang in there!

Just an update that I received my shipping notification today. Order was placed on April 20th for a custom neck, no finish, fret slots only. I truly appreciate the Warmoth team as I am sure they have been working very hard to get through the backlog. Stay safe everyone!!!! 

SH9195 said:
Just an update that I received my shipping notification today. Order was placed on April 20th for a custom neck, no finish, fret slots only. I truly appreciate the Warmoth team as I am sure they have been working very hard to get through the backlog. Stay safe everyone!!!! 

I placed my order on 5-3-20. I just ordered a pretty standard vintage construction strat neck with ss frets,  RW board, and a roasted maple shaft. Hopefully mine and others won't be far along. Having had a few luthier built guitars. The wait from Warmoth is really not bad in comparison. I waited almost 2 years for a '59 Les Paul build. An extra month or so is cake. Lol.

Hopefully worker's are staying safe and not getting overly stressed. We're really in unprecedented times. Something none of us have experienced in our lifetimes. Rock on 🤘

I just received one for a custom neck ordered on April 17th. That order required to be updated for the cost of an ebony peghead, that got delayed with the shutdown until May 26th.

Ordered a custom body 6/5/2020. Shipped 7/6/2020
Ordered a custom neck 6/17/2020. As of 7/9/2020 still hasn't shipped.

I placed an order for a custom body in late April but worked with Warmoth staff making some adjustments so the final order actually started in early June. I’m sure they’re all trying their best and I’m fine with them taking their time on mine.

I just got shipping confirmation from Warmoth! I wish I could give a big, safe, congratulatory hug, to the entire crew at Warmoth. Stay safe and thank you for your hard work & dedication building art for the music world. It's much appreciated and needed more than ever. :hello2:  :turtle:

I just received a shipping notice too yesterday afternoon. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I’m stoked.

Bob Hoover Ross said:
Ordered a custom body 6/5/2020. Shipped 7/6/2020
Ordered a custom neck 6/17/2020. As of 7/9/2020 still hasn't shipped.

Update: Neck shipped 7/15. [edit: oops, I misspoke. Neck still hasn't shipped, the shipping notice was for some parts/accessories.]

Back