Any Meteora plans ?

GT1-Reach

Are there any Plans that Warmoth introduces the Meteora body as an option?

I really,really like it.

I like it too! I don't know if Warmoth plans to make them or not, but Rosser Guitars on ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/rosser-guitars/m.html
makes them with some basic options

I think this would go into the suggestion box thread.  I agree, the meteroa is a cool shape.  There was a member here who made two meteroa-ish guitars, and they came out great.  I think one became guitar of the month.  He cut the body himself.  I forget his name.  There was some prior discussion on how the meteroa is an interesting shape.  This was all pre-COVID.  Now that they've been out a while, might be able to find one parted out on ebay.

No plans to release it any time soon. I imagine we'll see if it sticks around longer than a couple years first. I figured the fact that Fender has done a Mexi version indicates that they anticipate it selling well.

It's always cute seeing Fender trying to do a modern guitar.

Aesthetics-wise if I wanted a HH guitar that has a Strat headstock, well... I'd get a Strat.
If I wanted one with a Tele headstock, I'd get a Tele.

And then if I wanted something modern I would hope the neck heel/fret access would be improved over a 70 years old design, but it appears to be the complete opposite.

yeah meteoras are pretty chill. theyre kinda big, tho, so they shoulda called em the Meatyora lol

I have a concern about access to the 22nd fret.  It may need a larger cut-away.  Its likely I would build a Musiclander before one of these.

alexreinhold said:
I like them a lot but somehow they look like Explorers having a midlife crisis.

If a Meteora is like a misshapen Explorer it is also upside down. I like Explorers, but the Meteora does not do anything for me. Though I doubt I am part of the target market.

Here's hoping for Warmoth making Meteora bodies. It feels like a modern take on the Jazzmaster, like the JM was an evolution from the strat and the strat from the tele.

Not fond on the guitar as a whole (the colors are boring, which is usual on Fender), but I would love to build a Warmoth one, with Jazzmaster tremolo (probably the new fender panorama one).

I guess I'll have to find some luthier while Warmoth decides on adding it to the roster :)

Edit: compared to them, my Jazzmaster now looks quite "oldie" lol

Attachments

• dmp1plcmxlv21.jpg
    dmp1plcmxlv21.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • avhmfnpns6f71_1.jpg
    avhmfnpns6f71_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • avhmfnpns6f71_1_1.jpg
    avhmfnpns6f71_1_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20201217_110919_1.jpg
    20201217_110919_1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
Anyone know if the Fender models use a standard neck joint that would fit a Warmoth neck?

I like the silverburst, but the maple fretboard really doesn't look right with the body - it should be dark rosewood or maybe wenge.

Jeremiah said:
Anyone know if the Fender models use a standard neck joint that would fit a Warmoth neck?

I like the silverburst, but the maple fretboard really doesn't look right with the body - it should be dark rosewood or maybe wenge.

Looks like a standard neck heel! I agree the silverburst would look better with a dark neck

8wy14kt.png

It should be a fairly easy shape to cut from a body blank with a neck pocket, bridge and pickup routs leaving only the outside shape and contours to do.

https://warmoth.com/index.php/guitar-bodies/body-blank

FYI, I found this Italian luthier who makes custom Meteora bodies. I contacted him this weekend with lots of customization options I have in mind, and he was really nice.

https://www.ceccariniguitars.it/en-gb/fender-meteora-in-frassinoash-with-pickguard-en

I checked his Instagram and he does very nice axes :)

Back