AC/DC!

Wana_make_a_guitar

Last night I saw AC/DC's first Australian show for the black Ice tour in Telstra Dome, Melbourne. For a couple of 60+ year olds, it was a great show. Not trying to ruin it for anyone who's seeing them later on, but man, those old dudes can run quick! 

As for the venue, it wasn't bad. The stage was on one side of the ground (unlike when Bruce Springsteen played there and was on a tiny platform up in the stands where no-one could see them) so we could see them pretty well (We were in the stands a bit to the right of the stage, unfortunately the rest of the family came so I couldn't get GA tickets) but I still had to check out the big screens to check out the hilariously terrible solo's that Angus was playing and laugh at the fact that Brian's skinny jeans didn't quite fit right..  :laughing7:

The concert of AC/DC I went was awesome!!! the only "if" was the long time between the songs... I'm one of those who think that you shall give maximum 3 seconds between most of the song (I know this way you'll need to change the guitars ineach 4 or 5 songs, but this works a lot to keep the adrenalin of audience)

NonsenseTele said:
The concert of AC/DC I went was awesome!!! the only "if" was the long time between the songs... I'm one of those who think that you shall give maximum 3 seconds between most of the song (I know this way you'll need to change the guitars ineach 4 or 5 songs, but this works a lot to keep the adrenalin of audience)
Yeah, I thought that too, but, unless angus had 15 identical Black SG's, I'd say he was playing the same guitar all night. There was 2 long breaks that I thought he might have tuned during. Which is what wolfmother needed. The lead guy needed to tune soo bad he was using a wah and a phaser and a strange kind of a tremolo effect during his solo to try and distract attention away from the fact that his guitar was almost tuned to E flat.  :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
...I'm one of those who think that you shall give maximum 3 seconds between most of the song...

Three seconds? Too much for the Ramones... :icon_smile:

What was wrong with Angus's solos? He's not playen well? or you just don't like his work?

Alfang said:
What was wrong with Angus's solos? He's not playen well? or you just don't like his work?
Well from where I was, the sound quality wasn't the best, but I could hear what he was playing, most of his solo's were just a random blur of notes, and at one point, mindless strumming. Notes sold separately.

Back