A new flame variation from the Paint dept

simple

Staff member
Likey?

Flamejob.jpg

I like it. Perfect for a hot rod!
bodies.gif

Looks like that wolfgang that was posted a bit back. Is it routed for any trem?

I really don't get the appeal of that.  If someone wants "flames" on their guitar, I prefer the DIY solid paint look rather than messing up a naturally beautiful piece.

Me likey.  Needs a maple neck with vintage dashboard control inlays.  Obligatory stick shift trem arm too.

I'm thinking more hippie lava lamp than rockabilly flames? I'd be afraid of that thing curled up in my rocking chair at 3am, but it will probably make someone very happy... it's almost got a Christmassy*, Santesque jingleberry vibe too.

*(X-massy, oops sorry - didn't mean to offend the animalists & Pagans)

We just don't match colors against tattoos.

I suggest, buy the body first, then take the body to the tatoo artist. :headbang1:

In concept, I like it.

In execution.... the pattern of the flame is all wrong... it looks like upsidedown rain drops.  There needs to be less blob in the tinted red. 

When you do a reasonable Von Dutch, THAT would be interesting...

I definitely like it!    :icon_thumright:

Needs a bright chrome OFR and a hot rod 12th fret inlay (dice, Chevy bowtie, Ford Mustang)

=CB= said:
In concept, I like it.

In execution.... the pattern of the flame is all wrong... it looks like upsidedown rain drops.  There needs to be less blob in the tinted red. 

a good idea in theory but to me it just looks like sperm swimming all over the guitar. The flames should be rising from the bottom of the guitar.

I've never been a big fan of the entire flames concept, but that is one hell of a nice looking paint job. 

Kosher beat me to it.

How good is that background OMG !! That would have been stunning before the red stuff  :sad:

=CB= said:
In concept, I like it.

When you do a reasonable Von Dutch, THAT would be interesting...
You're looking at it with your "right" brain CB, that's why you see upside down rain drops. You need to switch brains..... :laughing11:

koshersteel said:
...to me it just looks like sperm swimming all over the guitar.

YES! Oh god I want a guitar with sperm painted all over it. But the flames thing just isn't my style, I guess.

(in truth, the first guitar I ever painted had a sperm cartoon character my friend and I had made up, stenciled onto the body. It was a gift for him)

Sorry,

A total waste of natural quilt/flame grain . I get it, but less is more applies here, IMO. Too busy together.

Also, the pattern of the flame, again is a problem. Can you try that "Vallee" Flames guy, style of flames?over the total face over quilt/flame top?
Even if, WAY TO BUSY ! ! !

Sorry one more time,

Kreig :sad:

Sorry, don't like it. At first look it gives the impression that the flames are just a red trans vinyl sticker. Also, to my taste, the flames themselves are too nice and symmetrical. Flames just aren't like that, it's a natural thing and in paint it sould look a lot more spontaneous. Even though on Rods, I'm a big sucker for that very thin, drawn out, stylized shape of flames.

Back