A couple of Super Strat builds using Warmoth necks

War_in_D

So, I've used Warmoth parts for various builds over the last several years and thought I'd post a few of them up.  Here are a couple I built using Warmoth necks, but the bodies were made by a buddy of mine that has a shop in Alabama.  He's moved on to concentrate on building complete guitars now, and doesn't really do parts anymore.  The necks on these are Birdseye/Pau Ferro and Birdseye/Birdseye.  Both guitars are Mahogany backs, with a super nice Flame Maple on one and a highly figured Claro Walnut top on the other.  The Claro guitar was parted out and sold, and I ended up selling the Flame top guitar as a whole instrument (although I regret it now).  The only bad thing about these guitars was the weight, other than that they were amazing.  Unfortunately, some of the pictures I have of my earlier builds using all Warmoth parts are tied up in a Photobucket account that every time I try to get to them, it tells me that I'm getting some kind of virus.  I'm afraid those may be lost for good.

Attachments

• stephanwalnut.jpg
    stephanwalnut.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20170129_121600.jpg
    IMG_20170129_121600.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20170129_121037.jpg
    IMG_20170129_121037.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20170129_124154.jpg
    IMG_20170129_124154.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20170129_124112.jpg
    IMG_20170129_124112.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 316
They both look awesome, but like Stratamania said, the walnut body is spectacular! :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the kind words.  There was actually a third guitar that I built, using a body also built by my buddy that was in the Kramer Nightswan shape out of quilted maple/mahogany with.. you guessed it, another Warmoth neck (what can I say, I love the Standard Thin Modern necks).  I've tried to find more pics of that particular guitar, but it was built around 2008 and I think most of those pics must be on my photobucket account that I can't get to.  I did find one group pic of the guitars I had at the time that contained that Nightswan-esque guitar, and one of both the maple and claro guitars together.  I wish I could get to photobucket and at least get my pics back, I had a couple of nice Warmoth Soloists that I put together (one flat and one archtop) on there as well. 

Attachments

• e93f38cb.jpg
    e93f38cb.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_0693.jpg
    100_0693.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 293
Photobucket has been enough of problem child over the last 1-2 years that I think they've inadvertently trained people not to use the service. That may have been their intention, as I don't think they were making any money.

Beautiful guitars. I am also partial to the walnut one. Of course, I wouldn't turn my back on any of them.

Thank you all again..  I all truth, the flame maple one was the first one I built and my favorite.  I think the claro guitar was more unique though, for sure.

That Quilt Maple in the center back is really nice, but the Flame just... Wow. Great set of guitars.

Back