IMG_0260_zpsab5d39b9.jpg

IMG_0261_zpscf851f1e.jpg

IMG_0262_zpsf9f303c7.jpg

IMG_0265_zpsec5c45b6.jpg

IMG_0267_zpsdb52017c.jpg

IMG_0266_zps34ea2f4b.jpg

IMG_0272_zpsc022f0b1.jpg

IMG_0271_zps4c4db1db.jpg

My Warmoth build, Swamp Ash Chambered body, Edenhaus Maple neck, Seymour Duncan pickups, Custom copper pickguard

Hi, Jeff - nice work.  I like your "my way or the highway" approach, on this and on your custom body shape builds in other threads.  Do you fabricate your metal pickguards yourself?

Yeah and it is not so easy. But the results are rewarding. Thanks. Sometimes other people give me a lot of flack on another forum about what I did to my Aria Pro II, and my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme modifications. I do what I want and what makes me happy unless if it is someone else's guitar.

Looks great!  Where do you get the copper plate?  I'd love to do something like that on my next one.

I really do not remember. I believe I bought the copper from a metals retail store in Anaheim California. I bought the sheet metal years ago and just decided to do something with it. I have prototype guitars that I have created that have brass tops on them.

Not bad :icon_biggrin:

What did you use for cutting the plate?

Cederick said:
Not bad :icon_biggrin:

What did you use for cutting the plate?
Believe it or not, I used a skil saw over a trash barrel. Drilled holes where the pickups are so that I could cut those with the saw. I did a whole lot of filing. Lots of work.

Back