7 String Explorer?

The Snowman

Recently, I decided that I need to get myself a 7 string. And, I've wanted an Explorer for years, but don't like the Gibson or Epiphone Explorers (necks aint right for me, not enough frets, and no trem!). So I figured, why not try for a 7 string explorer?

First off, I'd like to ask what kind of changes I'd have to make to the already existing Explorer body that Warmoth offers (in terms of dimensions, neck pocket, etc.).

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
But they sure will make a 7-string neck!

...that won't fit on an Explorer 6 string body or have an Explorer headstock, and if it did, what about the bridge and pickup routing?  If your answer is that you could do all of this yourself, you don't need Warmoth.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
But they sure will make a 7-string neck!

...that won't fit on an Explorer 6 string body or have an Explorer headstock, and if it did, what about the bridge and pickup routing?  If your answer is that you could do all of this yourself, you don't need Warmoth.
Very true. But if they make seven string bodies, they MIGHT have a Blank with a seven string neck pocket, bridge routing and pickup. But the best way to find out is ask them.

I figured that askin them would probably be my best bet, but I figured I'd ask around before buggin 'em.

I was thinking of getting the body custom, so I was wondering what all kind of changes would have to be made in the dimensions. The neck I could do myself from one of the Paddle necks.

This'll be my first build, so I'm really new to all this.

Call the office, it can be done. 

I have a customer with a build in the works.

It's +$125.00 to do a 7 string neck pocket on some 6 string bodies.  Bear in mind though, It's 25 inch scale only.
Flatmount or Licensed 7 Floyd {both bridges available at warmoth].

Add $150.00 for an Explorer 7 peghead.  No custom inlay options [same as standard 7string options]

Being that is is quite custom, it would be considered Non-Returnable unless under warranty circumstances.

Call us for the rest of the details.  That's the basics of it.

On stuff like this, always call us at Warmoth direct for the definite answer.  Some bodies can be altered for 7string adaptations, some cannot.

Sweet, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

So other than the neck pocket, no other body modifications will be needed? (not including bridge and pickup routing)

Ummm... besides neck pocket, bridge & pickup routing, what other body modifications are there?  :toothy11:

Back