7-String Body On The 'bay

TomPerverteau

What do you guys think of this thing? The seller is being unclear about the scale length, claiming that a 26.5" neck intonated fine on it. Is it really a Warmoth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150640037180&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's clearly a one-off body, probably started from a blank.  Whomever finished it may have routed the bridge for a non-standard neck.
The neck pocket has obviously had some work done after it left W.

I have no doubt it's a Warmoth body, but anything else aside from the original neck pocket & wood is anyone's guess.

I'm pretty sure Warmoth used to offer this body style as a standard way back when... I would guess he had a 26.5" neck that intonated because it's meant for a 27" neck but he had enough room to play with the bridge to make it work. That's just my guess anyway... Either way, that's one awesome finish!

27"? Warmoth only offers 25" and 28.625" in 7-string.

I asked the seller what the scale length is, and he said he thought it was originally made for 25.5". He (or she) sounds like the original owner, yet doesn't know what scale this thing is.

He says he figures it must be the 25" one. I didn't know Warmoth would do any any other body shapes in 7-string besides their two stock ones. Must have cost a bunch. If it was mahogany, I'd be all over it.

Back