7/8 HS Strat (Already finished)

DanTM

Hey there !

This is/was my first Warmoth project and as a side note ... also my only electric guitar since I am a bass player.

So several years ago I took guitar lessons and my teacher had a Valley Arts guitar. For those who don't know --> Valley Arts are 7/8 guitars.

In the past few years I have tried to convince him to sell his guitar to me several times but without success. As a result of this I decided to build my own 7/8 guitar.

I ordered several parts and sent them to a luthier (Acys Guitar Lounge) over here in Germany.

- Chambered black korina body with a black korina top with a satin transparent purple finish
- Roasted flame maple neck with a wenge fretboard (24 3/4" Scale)
- Häussel pickups
- Gotoh 510 trem
- Hipshot ultra lite tuners
- 50's wiring

He did a fabulous job and this is the final guitar.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09lw_FU1Ulg[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z70BenfKGiM[/youtube]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 29
Congratulations on your new guitar.

It probably is a language thing but not all Valley Arts were 7/8 guitars. Some were standard scale lengths. That said the 7/8 guitars that Valley Arts made were based on Warmoth 7/8 type parts.

Superb looking guitar. Love it.

Could you tell us some more about the ”plates”(?) in the pickup cavities. They look to be custom made, am I right?

Logrinn said:
Superb looking guitar. Love it.

Could you tell us some more about the ”plates”(?) in the pickup cavities. They look to be custom made, am I right?

Hey, I wish I could explain that properly but even though I was explained the purpose I am not 100% sure if I got it right.

I think it is because the Häussel pickups (A Vin+ B with Alnico 5 Magnets in the bridge and a ST Blues in the neck position) were installed without using pickup frames and those "plates" allow me to install pickups with frames or any other type of pickup in the future if I want to by simply removing those "plates".

Wow.....gorgeous guitar.  What function does that big capacitor looking thingy in the control cavity do?  Really nice job!

rauchman said:
Wow.....gorgeous guitar.  What function does that big capacitor looking thingy in the control cavity do?  Really nice job!

Hey, that's the tone capacitor for the Humbucker (Paper in Oil Cap, 22nF)

Back