$4,740... No, this is what Warmoth is for.

bigguspickus

Fender Custom Shop Telecaster Jazzmaster Hybrid

Fender_Custom_Jazzmaster_JC1417_Front_full.jpg

Fender_Custom_Jazzmaster_JC1417_Front_body.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=230493628459

If you got 'em to cut a Tele neck pocket in a JM body, and you made your own pickguard, you could have this for under $1500.

at least they put the controls the proper way.

so it's a $300 guitar with $4,400 of added fake love, right?

Rediculous.  I think relic'd guitars are for posers.  Its a cool concept though.  I'm working on one now that is a Jazzmaster body with a tele upper horn.  Just got the CAD stuff done, should have the body jetted out this weekend.

shanejw said:
Rediculous.  I think relic'd guitars are for posers.  Its a cool concept though.  I'm working on one now that is a Jazzmaster body with a tele upper horn.  Just got the CAD stuff done, should have the body jetted out this weekend.

I love when people try to put cigarette burns on their headstocks.... It's an instant give-away.

I'm with you though, relic'd guitars just mean you're too lazy to go out there and jam for real. I don't own any "pretty" guitars for that reason. They would get the shit kicked out of them and be ugly after a year or two anyways....

I understand the appeal of a relic'd guitar, like maybe a SRV tribute axe, but I probably wouldn't have one.

Seriously though, you can make one of these yourself for between $300 and $1500, and it doesn't have to be all beat up!

Given my warmoths going to retake of first year of uni with me, i think itll have Uni Relicing by next summer already if i play it as much as im hoping  :laughing7:
Tis a point ive just thought of though,,,,, and to save on offtopic ill post a new thread  :toothy11:

Paul-less said:
I love when people try to put cigarette burns on their headstocks.... It's an instant give-away.

My guitar has cigarette burns on the head.....put there naturally though.
MULLY

To be fair, that guitar does have some custom features that took some work - retooling for a tele neck pocket; hidden pickups under the pickguard, etc.  Even so, I don't see five grand (in round numbers) worth of speshul-ness.  That price is just stupid.  And whoever pays it deserves our mockery -- and perhaps a little sympathy as well.  Who among us hasn't spent too damn much on SOMEthing (a guitar, a car, a woman) we just HAD to have, and realized only later it wasn't worth the cost?  And on the other hand, who among us has not very grudgingly paid more than we wanted to for something, and found that we were pleasantly surprised by how much our needs were gratified by the object of the expenditure?

Peace

Bagman

bagman67 said:
Who among us hasn't spent too damn much on SOMEthing (a guitar, a car, a woman) we just HAD to have, and realized only later it wasn't worth the cost?  And on the other hand, who among us has not very grudgingly paid more than we wanted to for something, and found that we were pleasantly surprised by how much our needs were gratified by the object of the expenditure?

Peace

Bagman
I have at least two instances of each since january this year, my friend you hit the nail on the head  :icon_thumright:

These opinions are nonsense!!! I don't have time for this, I'm going to put my Appetite For Destruction LesPaul in the back of my Tahoe. I'm on my way to a guitar a guitar lesson and one of my 26's is low on air.

pabloman said:
...one of my 26's is low on air.

Reminds me of the old full-size Bronco me and the ex used to have, with a 429 and 34" Monster Mudders. Used to like to take it on the sand dunes on the west side of Michigan, but you had to let out all but about 5lbs of air or even with all those horsies the thing wouldn't drive on the sand worth spit. Then you'd get sand in the tire beads because they weren't that tight any more and didn't seat properly, so they wouldn't hold air worth a damn. You'd come off the dunes and pump 'em back up, then the next morning you'd go out and have 4 flat tires. Not a good way to start to the day. Only thing you could do was fire up the compressor, refill 'em, take it to the tire joint and have the tires all knocked off the wheels, cleaned up, and re-seated.

Back