3 Pickup Jazz Bass (Series/Parallel) help?

GorbiE202

Hello there,

I'm currently messing around with something I want to try (I have the parts on order).

I have made a "rough" diagram of what I think will achieve the result I want.
See attached diagram.

Ill also explain here what I'm going for in this setup.

There will be 3 pickups (2 Jazz neck pickups and 1 Jazz bridge pickup)
And 2 Push/Push pots (Volume) and one normal pot (Volume).

The first Jazz neck pickup is going to be in the normal Neck position.
The second Jazz neck pickup is going to be slightly forward from the normal bridge position (Think 70's position, but on the otherside "closer to the neck")
And finally the Jazz bridge pickup is going to be in the normal Bridge position.

The two Push/Push pots will default to Parallel.

Upon pushing in the first push pot what should happen is the normal jazz neck and the jazz bridge go into Series with eachother.

While upon pushing the second push pot I assume the second jazz neck pickup (close to the bridge) and the jazz bridge should go into Series.

As you might know at this point, I'm a bit unsure how to achieve this, but I have a rough idea on how I think it would work.

However It has brought up the following questions...
#1 If the Normal Neck and the Bridge are in Series will the "Bridge Neck if you will?" still work in Parallel? If I so wished to blend it into the mix.

#2 If the Normal Neck and the Bridge are in Series and I switch the "Bridge Neck" to Series what will happen here? (Will the "Bridge Neck" cut out? Like a kill switch or will it Short out the whole system and act as a big kill switch? or will it work as expected?) Also I suppose the opposite could apply, If the Bridge and "Bridge Neck" were in Series would the normal neck be able to be in Parallel if Choose to put it in that position.. or Also Series?

The General idea behind this is to be able to Run Parallel and solo or blend pickups, Then be able to switch to the first Series position (Standard Jazz in Series "Assuming the 'Bridge Neck' Is turned off") and then be able to turn the volume off for the neck and switch it to parallel and have the Two bridge pickups Run in either Parallel or Series with the usual Neck/Bridge anti hum benefits? Or any possible Parallel/Series combo in between?

I'm aware that this might be dragging on a bit, So thanks for reading this.

Also if anyone has any feedback, tips, corrections, reasons why it wont work etc.. Please comment here :)

Attachments

• Wire.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 251
Back